Ebay Finds

There are 93 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 56,262 times. The latest Post () was by Gorch.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Check current e-bay, 10 day auction starting Oct. 23, 2004

John Wayne Winchester Commemorative oil painting.

This is the original oil by Joe Ferrara that Winchester commissioned in 1980 to be used for the John Wayne Commemorative rifle packaging. There is a large picture of the Duke and numerous smaller scenes from many of his movies.

Joe Ferrara was well known for his Southwest art and painted many of the Winchester calendars scenes.

Historical fine art .

Lightning Larry

• Take a look at this lobby card. It is for the movie "Arizona", made in 1931. The filmographies I have don't even mention this film. Was it renamed? Hmmm. Take a look here Dukefan1 B)

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• dukefan1,

I must confess, I don't check into the Trading Post too often, but happened upon your post this morning. In checking on IMDb, I found the following reference to the film Arizona. While I don't remember having heard of it before, there it is. What can I say?

I see the reserve was not met on that lobby card - I wonder how much money they wanted for it.

Chester :newyear:

• Hi dukefan 1 and Chester

Arizona was made by Columbia 1931, The Brits would know it better as the Virtuous Wife and the Americans by its renamed title Men Are like That

It was written by Robert Riskin From the Play Arizona by Augustus Thomas.

The Cast was
    John Wayne June Clyde Forrest Stanley, Nena Quartero, Susan Fleming, Lorretta Sayers

Director George B Seitz

Susan Fleming went on to marry Harpo Marx.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Hi

Last Sunday I bought a plate on ebay its a Hamilton Plate (9") with a scene from Wake of the Red Witch showing John Wayne standing on the deck with his thumbs hooked in his belt and is titled thoughts of Angelique, It should arrive in the next couple of days. I think these predate Franklin Mint and show his Republic films, they had two more for auction Showdown at Laredo from Angel and the Badman and Engagement at Tarawa but I settled for this one. It cost a shade under 20 quid and that included postage.

I also bought four large photographs of John Wayne for £1.00

and a small Picturegoer photo of the Duke for £4.00

That will do me for a couple of weeks

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• While the Republic plates are certainly nice, I believe the artist the Wayne family commissioned to do the official plates, Robert Tanenbaum, captured him best.

• One part of my Duke collection is a rather large collection of John Wayne books (Biographies and books made into his movies). I enjoy seeing the differences and you sometimes get better character developement than in a movie. I was searching ebay, and found this auction some of you all might be interested in. I already have these books but it is a great and inexpensive way to get started on your own collection. Take a look and see if it strikes your fancy :D
    Click here

Mark

Originally posted by dukefan1@Jan 15 2006, 04:05 PM
    One part of my Duke collection is a rather large collection of John Wayne books (Biographies and books made into his movies). I enjoy seeing the differences and you sometimes get better character developement than in a movie. I was searching ebay, and found this auction some of you all might be interested in. I already have these books but it is a great and inexpensive way to get started on your own collection. Take a look and see if it strikes your fancy :D
    Click here

Mark

[snapback]25378[/snapback]

Hi Mark,
    Thanks for the link, it is mighty interesting, but they ship only ti US for a pity. :(
    Regards,
    Vera

• Hi Senta

The question of where a person sends came up before and Roland (ITDO) stated that on occasions an email to the person asking if he would ship overseas might do the trick.

Perhaps it might be worth asking.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Hello Vera.

If you are really interested in reading books from his movies, I happen to have a spare copy of the books HONDO and WAKE OF THE RED WITCH that I would be more than glad to let you have. If you are interested, let me know and I'll have you PM your mailing address to me so I can send them to you. More than glad to share them with a fellow Duke fan :D .

Mark

Originally posted by Bek@Feb 12 2006, 11:40 PM
    Won the buckle from the 2nd link that I posted

[snapback]27115[/snapback]

Hey, congratulations! It is an exhilarating feeling to win something like that! I won the auction for the John Wayne Commemorative 1982 Winchester Sporting Arms catalog, with John Wayne's picture on the front (an artist's conception, that is, and a very good one). That just came in the mail today. I'm still waiting for the poster :rolleyes: .

Chester :newyear: