JOHN WAYNE ENTERPRISES ANNOUNCES INTERACTIVE TRAVELING EXHIBITION ABOUT THE LIFE OF AN AMERICAN ICON, JOHN WAYNE: THE GENUINE ARTICLE
This Holiday Season Experience The World Of An American Legend;
Debuts At Gaylord Opryland Resort in Nashville November 17 Through January 1
John Wayne enthusiasts and culture seekers alike can now step inside the world of an American legend and get to know John Wayne
the movie star, world traveler and family man at the new interactive installation, “JOHN WAYNE: The Genuine Article,” at Gaylord
Opryland Resort in Nashville from November 17, 2017 through January 1, 2018.
The exhibit, which debuts as part of Gaylord Opryland’s A Country Christmas celebration, takes visitors through the journey of John
Wayne’s life with never-before- seen memorabilia, iconic film props, a behind-the- scenes glimpse into John Wayne’s private life and
“It is so exciting to see my father’s world come to life for the public to experience and enjoy,” says Ethan Wayne, son of the legendary
actor. “The holidays are always a special time for our family and Nashville is such a fun destination during the holiday season. We
can’t wait to kick off the opening of the exhibit for families and friends to enjoy quality time together while learning about my father
beyond his personas on screen in an interactive way.”
JOHN WAYNE: The Genuine Article, which is based on the New York Times best-selling book of the same title, will feature six
- Inventing John Wayne: The first room will tell the story of how John Wayne got his start from his early childhood days to the creation of the persona that defined his character. Known for his walk, visitors can learn his “rolling gate,” as they listen to his legendary voice and learn the origins of his iconic style.
- Western Man: The second room highlights what John Wayne is most remembered as, the authentic western man, and captures the spirit of the west with his film costumes, hats, belts, boots, guns, etc. Visitors will be able to try on his hat, beat John Wayne at quick draw, view a timeline of his 84 Western movies and more.
- Our Glorious Industry: Though a humble man, John Wayne was a Hollywood movie star. The third room dives into his role and legacy in filmmaking with a glimpse at original scripts, his nearly 200 feature films, industry awards including hisOscar, correspondence with other famous Hollywood legends and more.
- John Wayne The Patriot: John Wayne loved his country and was a champion of American values both on and off the screen. In the fourth room, visitors can read letters from Presidents, see his Congressional Gold Medal and Presidential Medal of Freedom – the highest civilian awards in the United States, and recognitions from various military branches, his uniforms from films and more.
- For The Fans: Highlighting not only how beloved John Wayne was but also how much he loved his fans the fifth room will contain fan mail and correspondence, memorable stories and more.
- Family Moments: From the sunny beaches of Newport Beach, California to Wayne’s Arizona ranch, his boat The Wild Goose and film sets, John Wayne was a beloved family man. Visitors will see never-before- seen photos of his family life, treasured family objects and more.
2,222 times read