The JWMB is a community that has high standards and we try to live up to these standards each day. Below is an over view of the JWMB community standards. We reserve the right to update these standards as needed, and they may not describe all possible situations that would require a moderator to take action. Therefore, they do not limit the actions moderators may take in certain situations.
* Your right to use the Site is personal to you -- you may not authorize others to use the Site, and you are responsible for all use of the Service. You are not to have more than ONE account at the JWMB unless you contact one of the mods and/or admin for approval. Any member found to have multiple accounts at DukeWayne.com could be banned from accessing the forum.
* You agree not to use any obscene, indecent, or offensive language or to place on the Site any material that is defamatory, abusive, harassing, or hateful. Further, you may not place on the Site any material that is encrypted, constitutes junk mail or unauthorized advertising, invades anyone's privacy, or encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or that otherwise violates any local, state, national or international law or regulation. You agree to use the Site only for lawful purposes and you acknowledge that your failure to do so may subject you to civil and criminal liability.
* Material on the Site is for your personal use only. The Site contains copyrighted and other proprietary information. You may not in any way make commercial or other unauthorized use, by publication, retransmission, distribution, performance, caching, or otherwise, of material obtained through the Site, except as permitted by the Copyright Act or other law. All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, and all the rest © Exit 1 Interactive. This site is not in any way affiliated with John Wayne Enterprises, LLC.
This is a fan site forum dedicated to the memory of John Wayne.
* You agree not to disrupt or interfere with the Site, nor to alter or tamper with any information or materials on or associated with the Site.
* You acknowledge that the Site Provider has not reviewed the content of all sites linked to from this Site and is not responsible for the content or actions of any other sites linked to from this Site and does not endorse them. Your linking to any service or site is at your sole risk.
* Flaming/Bashing Other Members, Trolling, etc is not tolerated. Members who flame or bash another member are in violation of these community standards, and may have their posting privileges revoked without warning. Trolling: Posting controversial and usually irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.
* Edited, Moved, or Deleted Posts/Threads. Please think about what you are saying before you post it; do not just post anything you feel like posting. By posting, members acknowledge that their posts may be edited, moved, or deleted at the discretion of the moderators or administrator.
* Explanations for Edited, Moved, or Deleted Posts/Threads. If your post is edited, moved, or deleted and the moderator responsible does not leave an explanation, you may ask about it in a private message (PM) to one of the moderators. Do not post complaints on the board about a moderator's action. Any member who complains on the board about a moderator's action can be banned.
* Respect Everyone's Opinion. Please treat your fellow web board members with respect. Just because someone disagrees with another member's opinion does not give him or her the right to insult or otherwise demean that member. Anyone who chooses to post profanity, pick fights, call members derogatory names or otherwise attack other members is subject to being warned by the moderators and/or subject to having his or her membership canceled. We want our members to feel comfortable posting their opinions, even unpopular ones, without fear that they will be slammed for it. No matter how crazy or outlandish an opinion is, it is still that member's opinion and he or she is entitled to it.
* Creating New / Duplicate Threads. Before creating a new thread, please check the first few pages of the forum and/or other forums to make sure the topic has not already been started. Multiple posts of the same message are unwelcome, and all but one will be deleted.
* Linking to your Home Page vs. Spamming. If you have a personal home page, feel free to include the link in your profile. But remember: this forum isn't here to drive traffic to your site, and spamming or advertising will be promptly deleted -- and the offender typically banned.
* No Backseat Moderating: Let the Forum Moderators do the moderating. Backseat Moderating is when people who are not Moderators try to enforce the forum rules. Whenever you see a person breaking the rules, take advantage of the "Report this post to a moderator" link. Or simply IGNORE the offensive post(s) or thread. The most common backseat reply is the "+1 in before lock" phrase. Backseat moderating is annoying, and pointless.
updated: December 27, 2016