Super Man Is No More

There are 8 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,143 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• No matter how you felt about this man one way or another, he has made a big impact over the last 9 years of his life for those who were in his same position as a quadriplegic. He was active in trying to find a cure for his accident when he died from complications from an infection caused by a bedsore. I wasn't a big fan of his but did like him as Superman in 1978.

I can also say I didn't agree with his politics, but respected him after his accident. He will be missed.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• In 1978 I was seven and I can still remember watching SUPERMAN at the drive-in.
    Unfortunately I know little about him other than his SUPERMAN roles. It is always sad to hear about anyone who dies. Life is short ENJOY it. Rest in peace SUPERMAN! :(

NOT THE BRANDY YOU DOPE!

• Sad to hear of his passing.

nobody can doubt the man's courage He will be sadly missed!!

I know, I know. I'll use proper judgment. I haven't lost my temper in forty years, but pilgrim you could've gotten somebody killed today and somebody oughta belt you in the mouth, but I won't. I won't. The hell I won't! ---John Wayne

• His book "Still Me" will give people with the same handicap hope for years to come. I can recommend it. Reeves also gives insight in some of his acting parts, and how he accomplished them. He did much more than Superman which wasn't too challenging. But that's, of course, the part he will be remembered for.

• 52 years is just too short. I too will miss Christopher Reeve. He was a very good actor and made an excellent Superman. Another of his best movies IMO was Somewhere In Time. I am not a fan of romantic-like movies but this one was very well made.

All of those who have portrayed The man of Steel in movies and original TV series have passed. However, we are lucky that Kirk Alyn who portrayed him in the Serials, is still alive and well last I heard.

Rest in Peace Chris.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..