The Golden Age Endures

There are 15 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 5,444 times. The latest Post () was by Stumpy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I think it's wonderful that such a beautiful and gracious representative of Hollywood's Golden Age is still with us. In her prime, she was one of my favorite actresses because she appeared so much with one of my favorite actors.

Who's that, you say. Why, none other than the old swashbuckler himself, the Tasmanian Devil, who died waaaaaay too young.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• :cowboy: Without even looking at the link you provided, I KNOW your talking about one of the ladies I have always loved, and she is NOT Mae West (although she was my other girlfriend when I was much younger) :D However, the one I grew to love the most was and always shall be, Olivia DeHavilland. :wub: I thought she was so beautiful and liked her the instant I first saw her in my first exposure to Errol Flynn--in The Seahawk. Since then, I loved her in They Died With Their Boots On and The Adventures Of Robin Hood. TRK.

Boy am I glad she is still around.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

Originally posted by The Ringo Kid@Nov 21 2004, 04:13 PM
    :cowboy: Without even looking at the link you provided, I KNOW your talking about one of the ladies I have always loved, and she is NOT Mae West (although she was my other girlfriend when I was much younger) :D However, the one I grew to love the most was and always shall be, Olivia DeHavilland. :wub: I thought she was so beautiful and liked her the instant I first saw her in my first exposure to Errol Flynn--in The Seahawk. Since then, I loved her in They Died With Their Boots On and The Adventures Of Robin Hood. TRK.

Boy am I glad she is still around.

[snapback]12667[/snapback]

They made some great movies together. I think my favorite was "The Adventures of Robin Hood".

• Hi Stumpy ad Ringo

She was very good in two of my favourite pictures The Sea Hawk and Robin Hood. It seems strange that neither she nor her sister ever made a picture with John Wayne, could it have been that Columbia thing or just hard luck. I think sparks might have flown if they had.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

Originally posted by Stumpy@Nov 20 2004, 10:04 PM
    I think it's wonderful that such a beautiful and gracious representative of Hollywood's Golden Age is still with us.

This is a line that can only be said about two women in Hollywood. (IMOP) Olivia DeHavilland and Maureen Ohara. They always were and still are the two classiest ladies on and off screen. I have to agree, my favorite movie she made with Erroll Flynn was Robin Hood but my other favorite of hers is Gone With The Wind. Thanks for the article Stumpy.

Baby Sister

Did you know that the horse Olivia DeHavilland rode in Robin Hood was none other than Trigger.....Roy Rogers bought him sometime after Robin Hood.

"Give me a man like Duke Wayne"...Marueen O'Hara

Originally posted by Baby Sister@Nov 23 2004, 10:13 PM
    Did you know that the horse Olivia DeHavilland rode in Robin Hood was none other than Trigger.....Roy Rogers bought him sometime after Robin Hood.

Now that's a very interesting piece of screen trivia. Where'd you learn that, Mattie.....er, Baby Sister? :lol:

BTW, you need to change your "handle". Usually, when a poster uses more than one word for a forum "handle", we (or at least I) have a habit of shortening it by using just the initials. For instance, I use PV for Popol Vuh. But in your case, that won't do, for obvious reasons. :lol:

BTW, you need to change your "handle". Usually, when a poster uses more than one word for a forum "handle", we (or at least I) have a habit of shortening it by using just the initials. For instance, I use PV for Popol Vuh. But in your case, that won't do, for obvious reasons

Ha, I would have never thought that Stump!! :lol:

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• :cowboy: Hi Stumpy, I THINK that bit o trivia was talked about on the Adventures of Robin Hood DVD, if i'm not mistaken. I had heard that from somewhere too.

Best regards--TRK.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• If I remember right I heard about Trigger in a Roy Rogers bio it has been awhile. I didn't know Robin Hood was on DVD I am going to have to find that and put in on my christmas list.

Hey Stumpy thanks for pointing that out about my name, :o I never thought about that. I am definitely coming up with something else. I have been accused of being full of it from time to time but no need to advertise. :wub: When I do where do I go to change that, I didn't see anyplace to change that.

Sis

• Hi Baby Sister

If you click on your name your details come up and then click on edit member, you should be able to make the change with that.

Oh and I'd like to add my own personal welcome to you, hope you stay around for a long time.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Sis,

I'd like to add my welcome as well. If you don't mind when you edit your name, you might want to edit your birthday unless you just turned two a few weeks ago. :)

Take care,
    Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Hi Arthur,

I have come up with a new name but when I go to my details I don't find edit member. Edit signature, avatar but no member anyplace. Is this something a moderator has to do? :headbonk:

Hondo, took care of the b-day. Thanks. I am really not this absent minded. :stunned: Just one of those days....

I really appreciate you guys helping me with this.

Sis

Originally posted by Baby Sister@Nov 25 2004, 04:04 PM
    Hi Arthur,

I have come up with a new name but when I go to my details I don't find edit member. Edit signature, avatar but no member anyplace. Is this something a moderator has to do? :headbonk:

[snapback]12750[/snapback]

Baby Sister,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I suspect you might have to contact Kevin, the board owner and administrator, with help in changing your member name. It might be that you have to register again, as a new member, but check with Kevin first.

I guess this will be a learning experience for all of us :D !

Chester :newyear:

• I am pretty sure the administrator can change the name. I have ben involved with other forums that use this same style and it can be done.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Heck, if it's gonna be a major project changing your name, don't bother, Baby Sister. I'll just call you Sis, as Hondo did. Or maybe even BS. :lol: