John Wayne Picture Game #22

There are 17 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 8,570 times. The latest Post () was by Jay J. Foraker.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Who do you think had the best cattion for game 21? 0

1. Hondo Duke Lane (0) 0%
    2. chester7777 (0) 0%
    3. arthurarnell (0) 0%
    4. Jay J. Foraker (0) 0%
    5. itdo (0) 0%
    6. A Girl Named Jen (0) 0%

Well, it's time for game 22! I waited a while so that each game would last longer and give everybody time to check it out and come up with a good caption. I figured two weeks should do it. This also gives me time to get more images to post for all of you. Let me know it its ok with you.

I hope everybody is going to have a great St. Paddies Day, and remember to watch "The Quiet Man" to celebrate the holiday!

Well, here is the next picture to start this game. It's from a lobby card from the movie I think, but you will all enjoy it. Ok! Let's see what your best caption is, good luck!

[SIZE=3]"Here's to you Duke, untill we meet again."[/SIZE]

• "Once upon a time... there was a boy named: Marion. He had himself a little puppie, called Duke. Everybody loved that dog because he had such a cute name. Why can't I have such a cute name? asked Marion who wanted to play cowboy with the other children. But they wouldn't let him because of his sissy name. So one day, Marion just stole the dog's name - and got away with it!"

• "Darn! I know how to read, but she keeps insisting she's goin' to do it for me. Aww, if she keeps it up, I'll have t' take that book away from her, gosh darn it!"

Hey! This is turning out to be fun!
    Cheers - Jay :D

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• "To become an Oscar winner, you must have the looks of Bogart, the smarts of Fonda, the personality of Stewart, the guts like Gable, the charm like Grant, the ....."

"Why does she insist on making me something I'm not. I am the Duke and they should all be more like me! I guess I'll humor her because this will be the last time she'll be in a movie with me."

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• "You know, darling, I learned something quite interesting today. I was over at Mabel's and while powdering my nose I saw a tube of hair growth cream on the counter. Well! Imagine my surprise! But I can only assume it's for Roger. You know how things are getting just a bit sparse for him on top. But I wonder how well it works? Well, no matter. Would you like another scotch and soda, dear? Why won't you look at me, darling? Don't you like my outfit today? I realize it makes me look like a cross between a drag queen and a clown, but really dear... you could at least turn around."

Got a little carried away. Sorry.

I realize this isn't really from the movie, but then, neither is the picture.

Robbie sort of latched onto the hair thing before I got here. Heh. Not a surprise coming from him. ;)

• I'M GONNA KILL MY AGENT FOR FORCING ME INTO THIS PICTURE. WHAT WAS HE THINKING!!!

John Bernard Books (The Shootist):
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."

• I'll be a suckacked mule!!! she doing me wrong; and I wont be wrong, listening to this hero crape, being a hero is hard, specially when nobody joints this picture game.

• Could we revive this game?

It looks like fun!

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• I was thinking the same thing, Tbone. This game has been dormant way too long. If the gang doesn't mind, maybe I'll start it back up. Ok with the group?

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Sounds great Mark!

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."