Duke's Missing And Rare Movies

There are 297 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 206,093 times. The latest Post () was by Bravo.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I've also seen on some of John's old films with the words "Digitally Remastered", and all that means is they transfered it from an analog source to a digital source and the quality is still the same old scratchy film. Ron!

• I'd be interested to find out the reasons behind the lack of availability of Red River Range, The Night Riders, Wyoming Outlaw and Frontier Horizon from the 1938 to 1939 time period. These are the newest group of John Wayne's films that I do not have on VHS or DVD.

Roger.

• I'd be interested to find out the reasons behind the lack of availability of Red River Range, The Night Riders, Wyoming Outlaw and Frontier Horizon from the 1938 to 1939 time period. These are the newest group of John Wayne's films that I do not have on VHS or DVD.

Roger.

I have all of these on DVD and most are pretty good quality PM me as I do a bit of swapping/trading now and then

Recently I have had four sons, hangmans house and one other ( just forget) from the FORD AT FOX remastered collection and they really are remastered, superb quality viewing. But the cost and the shipping from US on top is way up there.

I have had some things from Ron in the past and as he says often the quality is better that I had so worth taking a look? I know he sells his stuff I prefer, where I can to trade rather than buy.

My list of what I have and what I am looking for is posted on this site if anyone is interested in trading with me please?

Be who you are & say what you feel Because those who mind dont matter & those who matter dont mind

Edited 2 times, last by Elly: need to add something ().

• just thought id ask-does anyone know where to get copies of girls demand excitement,three girls lost,the deciever,lady and gent,the oregon trail-thank you

• just thought id ask-does anyone know where to get copies of girls demand excitement,three girls lost,the deciever,lady and gent,the oregon trail-thank you

Kevin,
    I have moved your post to this the dedcated thread
    on that very subject.
    All the information is here.

1931. GIRLS DEMAND EXCITEMENT- (Fox)Print in UCLA (just been viewed by AFI and will be included in their next catalogue)
    1931. THREE GIRLS LOST- (Fox)***Incomplete print in UCLA (one reel missing) (just been viewed by AFI and will be included in their next catalogue)
    1931. THE DECEIVER- (Columbia)***Print is known to exist
    1936. THE OREGON TRAIL- (Republic)***No print known to exist Considered LOST

Lady and the Gent is available and is reviewed here:-
    Lady And The Gent

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited 4 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• college coach and central airport are shown on tcm i copied both onto vhs tapes i think central airport is on dvd-thanks for the info above

Edited once, last by kevin k ().

• Bardelys the Magnificent is now complete. I also have all the films that are not lost on DVD. All the ones you mentioned in your earlier post. Thanks, Ron!

• I am glad I read this piece, as there is someone in America online selling John Wayne movies, and has a few of the early ones on DVD but they are at a high price and especially when the postage is as high to send to the U.K. Now that, thanks to you all, I now know that the films like BARDELEYS THE MAGNIFICENT, MOTHER MACHREE and some other early one's are not the full film and the parts that are missing could be the parts that John Wayne appeared in, so it would be a waste of money. I am not sure of the name of the place, as I have recently had my computer
    thoroughly cleaned and lost most of the favourites Ikept, but I am sure I still have somewhere a piece of paper somewhere with the site name on and when I find it I will put it on the message board

• To regards my previous posting about someone in America selling early John Wayne films, I managed to find the list and the company's name is Bygone Video, P.O Box 1263, Fulton, KY, 42041. The list of films they have is, Bardely's the Magnificent, Four Sons, Lady for a night, Lady and Gent, Black Watch, Arizona, Browns of Harvard, California Straight ahead, Central Airport, Great K & A Train Robery, I cover the War, Men Without Women, The life of Jimmy Dolan, Noah's Ark, Rough Romance, Salute, The Sea Spoilers. The prices of these films they are charging from between $12 - $29. I hope this is of interest. Chisum2.

• I have a restored "Bardelys the Magnificent" as well as "Lady and Gent", and many others that your looking for. "Bygone video got most of them from me. My email address is [email protected] Just thought you might be interested. Thanks, Ron!

• RoughRider, could you give a little more detail regarding that film festival . . . like where and when? That would be pretty exciting! It would be too much of a commute from the west coast, but perhaps some of our east coast members might be able to check it out . . . depending on where it is.

Chester

Girls Demand Excitement will be shown at the Fox Before the Code festival on December 18/19 at Film Forum, which is located at 209 W Houston Street, between 6th Avenue & Varick, in New York City.

http://www.filmforum.org/films/foxfilms.html#girls

Perhaps a precursor to a DVD release?

• Girls Demand Excitement will be shown at the Fox Before the Code festival on December 18/19 at Film Forum, which is located at 209 W Houston Street, between 6th Avenue & Varick, in New York City.

http://www.filmforum.org/films/foxfilms.html#girls

Perhaps a precursor to a DVD release?

How nice that would be and there are a few more that Fox could restore and release.

I have the restored Ford at fox collection which includes Four Sons and they did a great job with that.

Be who you are & say what you feel Because those who mind dont matter & those who matter dont mind