The Cowboys/spanish Guitar Song

There are 18 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 10,973 times. The latest Post () was by Kcat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi,

This is my first time on your site, and it looks great. I hope someone can help me find out the name of a particular song on The Cowboys. I looked up the John Williams soundtrack but that didn't help. Things were calm, all were settling in, and one of the boys was playing a guitar. The song was apparently a Spanish one, and I can't remember exactly, but did he tell one of the other boys the title or the composer of the song? That's what I need.

If anyone out there knows the title/composer of the pretty guitar solo played in this film, please let me know.

Thanks,

Kcat :jump:

• Kcat,

I must say that I don't know the answer to your question, but there is an excellent chance that one of our members does, so keep checking back.

That said, I would like to welcome you to the John Wayne Message Board, and say that I hope you will become a regular here.

I guess I'll have to pull out my copy of The Cowboys and see if I can help to answer your question. :D

Chester :newyear:

• Appreciate your effort, Arthur. Anyone else out there got any ideas???

• I believe the song was composed by Vivaldi. It was a piano piece that was converted to a guitar for this movie.

Wow! Thank you! Do you have any idea what the title of the piece is, or where I might find it? I certainly appreciate your assistance!

Thanks again,

Kcat

• I've checked the film.. it appears around 1 hr 4 min into the movie. There was a an composer by the name of Vivaldi and I checked a few of his concerto's but he has over a hundred. The film doesn't have music credits like the newer ones do so I'm hoping the newer version being released has the info but I'll keep search elsewhere. It has to be listed somewhere.

• Hi,

The Cowboys is one of my favorites, and one of the first John Wayne movies I owned. I fell in love with that guitar piece right away and did the research to find out what it is. It is by Vivaldi, and it is "Lute/Guitar concerto in D," and I believe it is the Largo movement. That should help you out.

• I've checked the film.. it appears around 1 hr 4 min into the movie. There was a an composer by the name of Vivaldi and I checked a few of his concerto's but he has over a hundred. The film doesn't have music credits like the newer ones do so I'm hoping the newer version being released has the info but I'll keep search elsewhere. It has to be listed somewhere.

Wow! I really appreciate your help! I look forward to what you find, and thanks so much, again!

Kcat:teeth_smile:

• Hi,

The Cowboys is one of my favorites, and one of the first John Wayne movies I owned. I fell in love with that guitar piece right away and did the research to find out what it is. It is by Vivaldi, and it is "Lute/Guitar concerto in D," and I believe it is the Largo movement. That should help you out.

Thank you so much, Duchess! You are most kind, and this is very helpful indeed!

Blessings,

Kcat:happy:

• The composer was Antonio Vivaldi, also known as "The Red Priest." He composed some 500 concertos (as well as many other works) of which Stravinsky supposedly remarked - "He wrote the same concerto 500 times!"
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

"Not hardly!!!"

• Kcat,

Did you notice folks welcoming you recently (myself included)?? You joined our little group almost exactly 2 years ago, and it took almost that long to finally get an answer to your very first question! What a great group this is!!

Thank you, Chester, and I most certainly have noticed how kindly people have welcomed me, and I sure appreciate it... I was out of town for awhile there, so I'm just getting back to responding now!

And yes, this is indeed a great group. I am grateful for their assistance!!

The Duke would be proud of you all... I'm betting he knows what we do here, even if he is in Heaven, and he no doubt gets a kick out of it!

Kcat:teeth_smile:

• The composer was Antonio Vivaldi, also known as "The Red Priest." He composed some 500 concertos (as well as many other works) of which Stravinsky supposedly remarked - "He wrote the same concerto 500 times!"

Thank you, Jay! This is interesting to know.

Kcat