The Members Chat Thread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

There are 1,213 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by cypress20.

• Re: The Members Chat Thread

Thought this might be of use to some of you who don't understand the new system either. And how some of my posts say The Quiet Man......I have no idea. Also, Irish Duke posted about Peter missing in a thread about people who were missing. I answered him. His answer to me is here.....but not the ones before........very confusing. Maybe it will smooth out. Anyway, for those of you who couldn't find your post........this should help. KEITH The bold is Kevin.

Re: Board Technical Problems

[INDENT] Originally Posted by Hawkswill
      Well, when I saw your first message Keith, I emailed Kevin......didn't get an answer, but I assume he got it.

Don't assume. I didn't get it, until now when I checked my spam folder.

Originally Posted by Hawkswill
      KP In case you didn't see it, I got an email link for a post Irish Duke directed to me in the Members' Thread........when I went there, his post was nowhere to be found. Also, is there any way to put that Members' Talk Thread in an easy to find place......somewhere on the first page where we don't have to hunt for it. After posting, I looked for my post in "new posts", but it wasn't there...so guess it isn't linked so others can see it if they don't just go there. Another thing........when I access JWMB, it comes up in the middle of the page..........is there a setting that got changed to make it do that........it used to come up at the top. Thanks.

As I posted in the other thread, the forum will not show you your own post. When you post the forum dumps you right back into the thread you posted in so I'm not sure why you want to search for it. Once someone else response with a post in the thread THEN the site will show you the thread and take yo uback to the thread from the new post link.

Not sure why your having issue finding/following how things run here. When I visit the forum for the first time I click the "What's New?" button at the top and I go thru what has been posted. I subscribe to threads that I want to follow so I don't have to dig for stuff.

Maybe you should use the subscribe to this thread option under the "Thread Tools" link so it will be easier to find.
      [/INDENT]
      God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

Longmire isn't an Australian show, it's set in the contemporary west. As for problems with the board, I've found very few-too few to mention. I check the board once a day (at least) and really haven't experienced any difficulties. But then again, I don't post as often as many of you, or post many pics.

True Alamo.......definitely NOT Australian. I loved the first season, and I haven't watched TV for YEARS.......this was on Netflix.......no ads, LOL.

Found another. I had liked Keifer Southerland in something, so I tried 24. LORDY............if you don't have a few days to spend watching, don't start! Seriously, if you like the CIA, Tom Clancy type books, look out. This is not your regular series. Each season is ONE DAY...........yep, 24 episodes an hour real time. So, just as it gets to where you can't wait to see the next scene............it is over until the next week. If I had ever tried this on TV.........i would have DIED! But, with Netlix..........you can watch all 8 seasons, which is 8 days, without ads. But, if you are like me, you find yourself saying, "I will just watch one more.......then go to work"!

Haven't watched a Duke or Ward in a couple of weeks...........time to get back to them. Also, made the big mistake of watching a Willie Nelson/Ray Charles DVD of Seven Spanish Angels. Ray was my first live concert when we snuck out of nursing school to see it. And I have been playing and singing like Willie for as long as I can remember. Looks as if, the old guitar will be dusted off......newly strung, and back to my music every night. My goodness............for those of you who don't know Willie well............check out some of his latest things and look at his guitar. I believe he has it in his will that it will die with him. Seriously look at it.............AMAZING! The Outlaws........boy did they put out some great songs! Waylon used to play in the Atlanta clubs when I was in my teens, but my to be husband was a good bit older, so I got into the clubs with no problems. Just thinking about seeing folks like that up so close, talking to them, sometimes having drinks with them instead of the huge concerts........boy, I was sure a lucky person! KEITH DANG........LOVE the guitar licks Willie puts in his songs. I didn't know how much I missed all of my music. Life is short....time to get back to it! I love my Sinatra, Dino, Andy Williams......well, everything but rapp and not TOO found of opera!

alamo221 wrote:

Longmire isn't an Australian show, it's set in the contemporary west. As for problems with the board, I've found very few-too few to mention. I check the board once a day (at least) and really haven't experienced any difficulties. But then again, I don't post as often as many of you, or post many pics.

I forgot, I will bet most of you if you are Willie and Waylon fans may never have heard the song "Heroes". It is a great one about our heros. This one is Willie and Waylon.

Well, it shows up when I hit Preview......we will see if it works. Wouldn't THAT be fun. Anyway, listen to the words. I have seen many a tear in "Mountain Men's" eyes when Pat and I played and sang this around a late night campfire after the jug had been passed around and around! KEITH

Hmm, I believe David Allen Coe is in there too........anyone sure? Willie and Waylon were the REAL Outlaws, but Coe slipped in there a lot, LOL!

Hawkswill wrote:

I forgot, I will bet most of you if you are Willie and Waylon fans may never have heard the song "Heroes". It is a great one about our heros. This one is Willie and Waylon.

Well, it shows up when I hit Preview......we will see if it works. Wouldn't THAT be fun. Anyway, listen to the words. I have seen many a tear in "Mountain Men's" eyes when Pat and I played and sang this around a late night campfire after the jug had been passed around and around! KEITH

I copied this from a post Bill, (Gorch) made elsewhere. Thought some of you would be interested in it. I had watched all that Netflix had a couple of times and some episodes like the way Paladin became what he was
      and the two parter about Jody Town, a great many times. That was a fantastic series. It did have a great many young actors in it who turned out to be stars and some that were already big stars.

Hal Needham is also the one responsible for taking an essentially NON WESTERN type man like Boone and turning him into a most convincing western one. He was always giving him lessons in riding, just being around a horse comfortably, fighting, handling a gun or knife, and many other things. Whereas, Dick taught him to act. A super pair they were. Too bad the episodes were only a half hour. But, somehow, they managed to get great stories into that small amount of time beginning with Paladin getting the notes from Hey Boy to the conclusion of the story. Too bad Netflix no longer carries it as I don't have cable or satellite. Keith
      Re: What Was The Last Western You Watched?

[INDENT] Encore Westerns runs two episodes of Have Gun Will Travel every afternoon. Today I had a chance to run a batch of them and was reminded of the number of "stars to be" that were featured, many of whom appeared again together. One had Strother Martin as a whining town official who was murdered by James Coburn (of course, who hasn't killed Strother on film). They both later appeared in the fine Walter Hill Film "Hard Times".
      Charles Bronson showed up to have a fistfight with George Kennedy, both of whom were in "The Dirty Dozen"
      Ron Soble tried to maul Jack Weston with fighting spurs long before "The Cincinnati Kid".

I always try to identify at least one supporting player in every episode and scan the credits to confirm my guesses - these are about 50 years old, after all, and some of the actors. like Louise Fletcher and Dyan Cannon are very young. My fallback is stuntman/director Harold (Hal) Needham who performed most of the stunt work and was an all purpose Indian lurking in the background.

We deal in lead, friend. [/INDENT]
    • Re: The Quiet Man (1952)

Well, I lost a post....hate it when I do that.

Thought some of you who don't check out the whole site anymore might like this feature. I use it on a couple of other forums I am on and it works great.
      If you want to be sure someone sees a post.......just put @ in front of their JWMB name. It will notify them that something was written for them. Nice feature.

Keith seems to be watching HGWT now and is posting on it in the proper place. I noticed he took the post I made in answer to Bill's about Hal Needham and Paladin teaching each other skills and put it there......glad he liked it.
      As for Paladin not being the shoot em up type..........oh he shot, just preferred other ways if possible.....here is something he said about his gun in one episode:

Paladin: I don't think you got a very good look at this gun while you had it. The balance is perfect. This trigger responds to a pressure of one ounce. If you look carefully in the barrel you'll see the lines of the rifling. It's a rarity in a hand weapon. This gun was handcrafted to my specifications and I rarely draw it unless I mean to use it. Would you care for a demonstration?

I watched all the episodes Netflix had while they had them at least twice and some more. I think it was Season 6 .....the first one called Genesis, (apropos for Beginning)...........it was there I learned about Smoke.............super episode!

I think, at one time Mona was counting all the whacks on the head Paladin got. I don't know why he wasn't brain damaged...........got beat up quite a bit also.

I love the camel one........just imagine Dick Boone doing what he did in that one! The mayor of the town near Duke's old ranch in Eager, Arizona where Chili Bill lived, told me that right close to his town was where the Army kept the camels they were trying out.

Glad to hear there are more coming out............really wished it had been an hour show.......but, can't change that now. I don't remember the "beefcake" one that Mona referred to with Paladin staked out with no shirt on...........must be in some of the ones that weren't on Netflix.....will have to ask her. [MENTION=4677]Gorch[/MENTION] @ Dooley @ The Ringo Kid [MENTION=8148]Hawkswill[/MENTION]

I am still watching 24.............the first one was best I think. But took time off to watch ONLY THE VALIANT with Ward, Greg Peck, Neville Brand, Lon Chaney and some other good ones. Can't wait to get it in Blue Ray!
    • Well, see if this pic will work. Ward is telling the trooper, "Water........water is for FISH!"
      Files
    • Re: The Quiet Man (1952)

This is an old post of Keith's about College Coach (1933) that was apparently Duke's last bit part movie. It was 3 years after his The Big Trail flop. I read that a few of the directors tried to give small parts to struggling actors who they thought might eventually become good ones.....including the ones who signed with small studios to get steady work.......not like other "newcomers" who would take just about anything to keep them in the public's eye and giving them work instead of signing with a small studio and not being able to have a say in what parts they got.

Here is where you can see what Keith posted about it........including three blurry FRAMES of Duke. I believe I had posted the pic of Ward with his team in College Coach on Three Bad Men, but maybe I didn't......or maybe Keith never transferred all those pics.,who knows, LOL? dukewayne.com/showthread.php?t=5055\

This is what I posted, so we can keep it here and not worry about breaking the rules.

Re: College Coach (1933) [INDENT] Old one. As mentioned, Duke had a walk on at the very beginning......think he DID have one line. I believe this was a few years after the Big Trail flop, and certain directors were doing favors keeping some young actors working.

Ward played the assistant coach to Pat O'brien's head coach. One of the first feature films to expose the corruption in University football according to Scott Nollen, author of Three Bad Men.

Too bad I can't make the pictures larger the way Larry does.......but here is one of Ward with his team. Danged if the Jerseys don't look a bit like the ones in Salute.......maybe they all looked that way back then. KEITH Trying another picture way........I keep on trying, LOL. If I ever figure out how to post them large like Larry, I will let you know.
      [/INDENT]Here is the pic of Ward and his team. [Blocked Image: http://www.dukewayne.com/<a href=http://s1269.photobucket.com/user/Hawkswill/media/Ward%20Bond/CollegeCoach1934.jpg.html target=_blank>[img='https://dukewayne.com/index.php?image-proxy/&image=66a8f15280ab345c64cd6ee974eaa3e90cc45650-aHR0cDovL2kxMjY5LnBob3RvYnVja2V0LmNvbS9hbGJ1bXMvamo1ODIvSGF3a3N3aWxsL1dhcmQlMjBCb25kL0NvbGxlZ2VDb2FjaDE5MzQuanBn&s=7847055f1306825a76a42c766d24bf0fc6b03943']][/IMG] That obviously didn't work, (that was the old way.....don't try it, LOL). Well, that worked.....now, we will see it it STAYS on there when I post......it shows in the preview.
      The picture wasn't large to begin with, KEITH

• Really, you can't find posts? We have a search feature, also you can subscribe to threads which are available in your control panel so you can easily find the threads you want to follow.

This constant references to "breaking rules" is tiresome. Please stop reposting content from other threads. I let it pass the first time, but it appears that you are going to do this for every future post.

It really isn't hard to figure out how the forum works, it's worked this way for the last 7-8 years.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Forum Runner
      Kevin - Moderator/Administrator
      http://www.jwayne.com

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_card_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="3" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">