The Members Chat Thread

There are 1,201 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 354,730 times. The latest Post () was by gettingold80.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Originally posted by SXViper@Oct 9 2005, 04:02 PM
    Speaking of diehards, where the heck have Chester and the Mrs. and Hondo been? Been pretty quiet from them lately.

[snapback]21908[/snapback]

Got to say, we have been real busy lately. I've made a few trips up to Oregon, to visit with the insurance man, and oversee clean-up on our property. It's an 8-10 hour drive one way (depending on the route I take - Interstate 5 is faster, 101 is a little more direct and definitely more scenic). The Mrs. and the kids visited friends in northern California, in Fortuna, while I was in Oregon, and I drove down to meet them there for a couple of days before we all returned home. Now it's back to school and scouts and church activities and . . . busy, busy, busy!

We haven't died, just busy . . . oh, and we've had some pretty bad computer problems the past couple of weeks as well. Our main computer took a dump, so right now we are on the wife's dinky old workhorse computer, on a dial-up connection - yikes! it takes forever to do anything!

So that's our story - and we're sticking to it!

:headbonk:

Been missin' y'all,

Chester :newyear:

P.S. I tried to call Hondo yesterday, but only got his answering machine.

• Hi Mr and Mrs Chester,
    Good to see you back, and I hope that you are slowly sorting your
    problems, regarding Oregon.
    Understandably, when Insurance people get involved, the whole
    situation gets bogged down, but hopefully now, it is speedily
    sorted out!
    I've travelled along 101, and I couldn't agree with you more,about
    how scenic it is. I also think the Oregon coastline, is probably, one of the
    most spectacular I've seen, wonderful.
    Talking about PC problems, I was out of action for 3 weeks, and it was a real pain,
    and mine is only 6 months old!!

Missed you too, Chester, and by the way, Mike was out and about,
    last evening,

Best Wishes,
    Keith

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Hi baby sis,
    It looks like it's you and I,when do you want me to take you
    out for a drink, do you have a regular place in Kansas?
    Sis, do you actually live in Kansas City,
    as I can look down with Earth Google,
    isn't it amazing what satellite imagery can do!!
    Looks like you and smokey, have got to get
    these other fellas, wanting, wishing and panting, by using
    your wonderful feminine charms!
    At least Chester is on the scene,
    and wherever there's a General, there are many troops behind,
    so things could be looking up around here !!

Good Luck,
    Keith

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Hello All
    I would like to say that the folks in Kashmir and Pakistan/India have had it rough and I feel for them. I hope this is forgiven ( being an off topic comment) and mabe yall have posted about this somewhere else. I have been a little busy enjoying life and work etc so I have not been reading as many posts as I like to do. Back to the R S M themes; I think the 4 muskaeteers and co might need a chaperone. I have 7 years of Scout leader experience , 2 years as a Venturer leader and 21 years as a Cub, Scout, Venturer, and Rover. Chester has posted something that indicates involvement with Scouting and so, perhaps, Chester and I could partner up to keep yall in a Quiet Man state of affairs as far as the courting goes. In the words of the character Mickeleen O Flynn -- No Patty Fingers if you please -- strictly the propryities ( sp?). Now I hope this is seen as coming from a good place, and that Chester will not feel the suggestion represents an imposition or blemish on his impeccable reputation. As for PC issues I am very sorry to think of good folks like the Mr and Mrs C and EE suffering in this way. I received a virus once from a campaign manager who had an automatic forward on e-mail from a prime minister candidates office to a few folks. This e-mail caused a virus that tried to eat past all security firewalls etc and it destroyed files before the system caught and stopped it. Everything was stored on backup but the time to make it right cost my son many hours of helping dad return to normal. It was horrible ugly and sad.
    To every hacker and malcontent virus spreader I say that you are just another terrorist lost soul and you have no respect from me because it is a weak and unacceptable way to problem solve or communicate. These folks cause a lot of grief and there is enough problems dealing with shortfalls in technology without saboteurs wrecking our systems. Long live the fans of John Wayne and Yahoo to the posters on this thread. Ladies and gents to your corners and when you hear the bell, come out flirting. ps Kansas probably has some great taverns but I have always heard that the UK also has some fine establishments for libation. My good father tested a few and found them quite excellent. Kilo :D:jump:

Greetings from North of the 49th

• Hi Murray,
    and well stated!!
    I am so cautious now, about e-mails,as I am sure the attachments
    they carry are the real culprits!
    I now open all mails on the internet providers site,
    as it is quarantined.
    Only when I am reasonably sure of the sender,
    that I then import them to Outlook.
    One can never be certain, but at least it helps!
    Since doing this, I have noticed on full scans,
    that some days,no viruses, show up at all!!
    Murray,as far as taverns are concerned,
    if Baby sis, was here,as your Dad knows, we certainly have enough
    splendid pubs to choose from, especially
    in this part of the world, where not only
    could you have a splendid sea view,
    but also quaint country pubs, with oak beams and all.
    Talking about that, I fancy a pint!!

Best Wishes,
    Keith

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Got to say, we have been real busy lately. I've made a few trips up to Oregon, to visit with the insurance man, and oversee clean-up on our property. It's an 8-10 hour drive one way (depending on the route I take - Interstate 5 is faster, 101 is a little more direct and definitely more scenic). The Mrs. and the kids visited friends in northern California, in Fortuna, while I was in Oregon, and I drove down to meet them there for a couple of days before we all returned home. Now it's back to school and scouts and church activities and . . . busy, busy, busy!

We haven't died, just busy . . . oh, and we've had some pretty bad computer problems the past couple of weeks as well. Our main computer took a dump, so right now we are on the wife's dinky old workhorse computer, on a dial-up connection - yikes! it takes forever to do anything!

So that's our story - and we're sticking to it!

Glad to hear from you guys. I was actually thinking that you were busy with your property but it was nice just to hear you guys are back and getting into the swing of things. And you don't have to explain the computer problems, I tried for a year to talk my wife into getting high speed and she finally succumbed to my "whining" and now she wouldn't have it any other way. See ya later.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• ee...I'll take that drink anytime. One of your quaint country pubs sound perfect. Have always wanted to visit one. May have to save up and come over there. Only one problem, I hear you brits drink your beer warm, why? I have to have mine really cold.
    I don't live in Kansas City, that is to big of a city for me. I actually live right smack in the middle of the state and U.S. in Salina. You know it is a little scary you can peep on someone from a satellite. :unsure:

Chester...am glad to hear you guys are on the road to recovery with your home. That has to be a long slow process, kind of like dial up, but worth it the end. Take care and keep us posted.

Baby Sis

:cowboy::cowboy::cowboy:

"Give me a man like Duke Wayne"...Marueen O'Hara

• Hi Baby sis,
    You get over here, I'll take you to one of our lovely country pubs, ANYTIME!
    By the way, we do drink warm beer, but the more popular drink
    here is Lager, cold, and chilled.
    We drink the same brands, you are familiar with,Bud,
    maybe Carling, but also many well known European and Australian lagers!
    Don't worry about the satellite, some of the imagery, is not perfected,
    however some of it is wonderful, particularly when you can almost take a virtual tour
    though the Grand Canyon, etc.Download Earth Google, and you'll see what I mean,
    then you can have a look down on Torquay!!
    Salina is there by I135, and you can see all the roads and their names,
    Walnut, Ash, Elm Streets etc, etc, but the imagery hasn't been streamlined yet!

Best Wishes,
    Keith

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Well, you can add me to your seniority list if you want. My birthday is July 9, 1947. So, I guess that puts me up there a little, age wise. Post wise, I'm a new hire so, I have no seniority. But, I remember back in the old days wh................hold it, wait a minute, THESE ARE MY OLD DAYS!

• Hi Jim,
    Welcome to the Real Seniors corner, and by golly Jim
    you ARE one of us, the 8th most senior member so far,
    Welcome to the club, you're up there with the good uns.
    However, aound here, you're only as old as you feel.
    Stick around and have some fun.

This seems an appropriate time, to thank everyone,
    for making this thread the most replied to, on the board.
    At the moment,it also has the third highest, number of views.
    When you consider, I only started this, for a bit of fun
    in June of this year, and others have been running nearly 2/3 years,
    it's great to see how popular it has been.
    May I take this opportunity, to thank everyone,
    for making this, the fun, thread, that it is,
    and just, to remind everyone;-

Most senior:-

William T Brooks. 1931
    Stumpy. 1938
    Jay J Foraker 1942
    deduke.1942
    arthurarnell.1943
    ethanedwards.1946
    chester7777.1947
    WaynamoJim.1947
    emmanuel. 1954
    Baby Sister.1957
    Colorado Bob.1957
    nathan c brittles.1958
    kilo 6.1958
    CHANCE.1960
    Hondo Duke Lane.1961
    smokey.1965
    senta.1966
    SXViper.1966
    The Ringo Kid.1967
    B5Erik.1968
    Kevin.1969
    ZACK613.1969
    General Sterling Price.1970
    Cole Thornton.1971
    robbie. 1983
    Patrick.1985
    ejgreen 77. 1985
    In Harms Way.1986
    JWfan.1988

Best Wishes,
    Keith

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• gday ethan and baby sis

sorry i havent been back to you with anything but as i have been having the attention span of a nat lately i nodded off so to speak. glad that you both are hooking up for drinks wouldnt mind one myself as for english ones i happen to like newcastle brown ale so ethan have one for me but i normally drink XXXX beer.

we have had RAIN today the grass has a green tinge to it and we had enough rain fall in the large dam which services our area to give us another 6 days water they say we are in for some more rain yipee.

catch up later i have not forsaken you (not like hondo who has another love in his life "lost" :D )

hooroo smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

Originally posted by Patrick@Oct 15 2005, 04:55 PM
    Tim O'Brien, my middle name is Patrick.

Timothy Patrick O'Brien, now that's a good German name. :lol: :lol:

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Hi Tim.
    Thanks for joining us here, I am sure the gals will enjoy
    such young uns amongst us, older ones!!
    Well your birth year, and date, thanks,
    puts you just a few days older than ejgreen 77,
    but you're right there with the youngest members!
    Keep on posting, and enjoy the company,

Best Wishes,
    Keith

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Stumpy, if you mean Irish then you've got me. Although my mom's side is more german, I'm around 75% irish.

Thanks for the welcome guys. Look forward to posting here.

Originally posted by Patrick@Oct 15 2005, 06:49 PM
    Stumpy, if you mean Irish then you've got me. Although my mom's side is more german, I'm around 75% irish.

C'mon, Pat, I was pullin' your leg. I know your name is about as Irish as they come.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• hi tim

glad you could make it here we've been looking for some new blood

hey baby sis looks like we could have a toy boy on our hands :lol:

watch out tim you could be in for a fun time you could be the thing that gets the other blokes back here real quick looking for some fun jump in and 'aveago ya mug' till later

hooroo smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Boy, Baby Sis, you know how to hurt a guy. I'm some 25 years older than Tim, but I still have that fire in the stove. You and smokey are moving too fast. :lol:

Oh, by the way, have a great day. ;)

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Hi Mike.
    Well said, a new kid arrives on the block,
    and the gals have gone all goggle eyed!!
    I have kept the flames going, during these dark times,
    and know I feel, I have been tossed aside, like an old glove!!
    C'mon gals,someone that's been faithful, loyal and honest,
    should get some kind of reward?

What we need is some new gals,
    come on senta and and moonshine-sally,
    we need your input over here.

Best Wishes,
    Keith

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England