The Members Chat Thread

There are 1,201 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 356,951 times. The latest Post () was by gettingold80.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• things perking up again will have to try and get here more often, but when you start your working day at 9am and finish at 10pm there doesnt leave much time for other things (thank goodness i only have 2 days this long :teeth_smile:)

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Todd,I don't know of any old codgers on here!!!
    However, if Elly's around, they'll soon come out of the woodwork!

Thanks Keith!!

Not sure what your implying here? that I can only attract old codgers LOL Think I'll exercise my ladies prerogative and change my mind about joining this thread!

After all I said on another thread I am YFS as well as a"woman of substance" with a HUGE John Wayne collection. Others might consider that "quite a catch" :wink_smile:

Any gentlemen out there ready to defend a ladies honour?

Be who you are & say what you feel Because those who mind dont matter & those who matter dont mind

• Thanks Keith!!
    Not sure what your implying here? that I can only attract old codgers LOL Think I'll exercise my ladies prerogative and change my mind about joining this thread!

Elly - I think you'll attract any codger - young or old!

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Hi bearlym6

WELCOME to The Original JWMB.

Please take a look around,
    we're a friendly bunch of folks,
    and there is a wealth of information to see,
    regarding the great man.

Thanks for telling us your Y.O.B.
    I'll out you into our special thread here:-

When Were you Born?

You may find these links useful:-

John Wayne:- A Newbies Guide to Duke

Link to Duke's Movies, Co-Stars- Pals Of The Saddle and Movie Locations

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• I'll admit to 1940

Hello Bearlym6 and welcome!

thanks for telling us you were born 1940, that makes you a lot younger than many of the "old codgers" on this thread.

A mere spring chicken in fact :teeth_smile:

Be who you are & say what you feel Because those who mind dont matter & those who matter dont mind

• than many of the "old codgers" on this thread.
    :teeth_smile:

Whoa, whoa, whoa, . . lets go easy on that "old codgers" talk. :shades_smile:
    Real Senior doesen't sound half as bad. :glare:

And . . .
    Hello Bearlym6 and welcome to the Original John Wayne Message Board!

Have fun, and we look forward to seeing you around again.

Chester :newyear:

• Have you real seniors gone to bed or something. I haven't heard from you in a long while. As a matter of fact, you need to get up and move around before rigger mortise sets in. :wink:

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• not yet hondo, have been been busy at work new shifts working out just right and now i have saturday night free to come and pester you :wink_smile: just to make your day. never know things might just begin to happen again what with things perking up :teeth_smile:

cheers smokey

• sorry i havent been around lately, school is back in and the little bloke (not so small anymore) has to be up early as he has to catch the school bus by 7:30am in class by 8:30, so i have had early mornings and long days, am pretty shagged by the weekend and all i want to do is sleep :shades_smile:

hope to catch up with you all for the coldie real soon

cheers smokey

• cant say i had a good one as i was working, was suppose to be a half day which turned into a full day because someone called in sick

hope you all had a good day though

cheers smokey