Just For Fun - Cell Phone Ring Tones

There are 41 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 11,691 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• OK, I know this is very off topic, but when you finish, I think you'll get the connection.

My wife and I both have cell phones, and recently replaced them. Our previous phones had decent ring tones, and the Mrs. had fun using the "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" ring tone when she was at our kids' ball games, and some other tunes were good, too. Well, we got new phones and the ring tones were TERRIBLE!! So the Mrs. broke down and paid extra to download a ring tone she liked, the Vince Garaldi "Peanuts" theme (you know, Charles Schultz' Charlie Brown and the gang). When she got a hold of my phone, she pushed buttons like crazy and started playing different tunes so I could get one, and get one we did! My phone now has the theme to The Magnificent Seven play every time someone calls me - YEE HAW!!! It is the same tune used in the Great Western commercials with the Duke, if I remember correctly. So every time someone calls me on my cell phone, I'm thinking of the Duke :D . Several times, I missed the call because I was listening to the tune too long :headbonk: .

So . . . for any of you who would like to get in on the action, let us know if you do something similar. :rolleyes:

• Good Morning, Mr & Mrs.Chester,
    Strange you should ask this one,
    but on my cellnet phone, over in
    England we call them mobiles!
    I used the compose menu,
    and put in the theme to RED RIVER,
    so now everyone, asks what it is,
    as they seem to remember it,
    but don't know where from!!

Here's something amusing for you all,

A man says to another man, in a bar,

"Do you talk to your wife ,when you make love"
    "Yes" the other man said,"But only if I've got my cellnet with me"

Cheers

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• hi chester

i to bitt the bullet and got some different ring tones for my mobile (cellphone) and i got

the greatest escape
    james bond
    the ghostbusters
    the first noel
    deck the halls

couldn't find any tunes for dukes movies but when my phone rings it plays the greatest escape

change the tunes for christnam though

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• As one of the last of the dinosaurs, I hate cell phones. :lol: I don't even like talking on landline telephones that much.

Everywhere you go, you see people with those things growing out of their ears. It especially ticks me off to see so many drivers on cell phones. IMO, you just cannot pay full attention to the road if you're talking on a cell phone. I wish every state would pass laws forbidding talking on cell phones while driving.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• I usually have a bag I'm carrying through the airport to make a connection and there is always someone in front of me slowly pulling his luggage on wheels and talking on the cellphone at the same time. :angry:

I do have a cellphone but don't use it all that much - mostly its a convenience whenever I travel and don't have to pay the tolls. I don't have a tone from Duke's movies but I would get one if I found it!

-ncb

My heroes have always been cowboys.

• I have had two cell phones in the last 4 years, the newest being purchased back in march.I have bought 4 ring tones so far, i however never thought of looking for a theme from one of the Dukes movies although i will.

i have:

1.Candy Shop - 50 Cent
    2. Try Honesty - Billy Talent
    3. Stunt 101 - 50 Cent
    4. The Hockey Night In Canada Theme

Originally posted by Stumpy@Jun 15 2005, 09:32 AM
    As one of the last of the dinosaurs, I hate cell phones. :lol: I don't even like talking on landline telephones that much.
    Everywhere you go, you see people with those things growing out of their ears. It especially ticks me off to see so many drivers on cell phones. IMO, you just cannot pay full attention to the road if you're talking on a cell phone. I wish every state would pass laws forbidding talking on cell phones while driving.

[snapback]17639[/snapback]

Stumpy, I agree with you all the way. I have no use for cellphones and will resist having to use any. :P
    I see more people talking away on these things, a lot of times oblivious to their surroundings. More than several times, I've had to drive defensively to avoid an accident. :angry:
    BTW - That is a great picture of you and your wife that you posted on another topic.
    Cheers - Jay :D

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Haven't found any Duke movie theme songs. Not been searching for that, but I purcahased one a few months ago, and downloaded Sweet Home Alabama, a totally cool song from the '70's. The music is hoaky, but it's still sweet home Alabama.

Cheers, B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• hi stumpy

well the little bloke and i both have mobile phones this is mainly for security reasons so that when we are out at the shops if we become sepperated we can find one another. dont drive so dont talk while driving but down under you can get a driving fine and points taken off your licence for talking while driving using a hand held phone.

we use the phones also while we are travelling as there are great distances between some of the towns and if you break down between towns you have to be able to get help (they dont have phone boxes out in the bush hidden behind trees :lol: ).

we have prepaid phones so we can only use what we have paid for and when it runs out we have ro buy a recharge card with children i think this is the best way to go

cheers smokey

Originally posted by Hondo Duke Lane@Jun 15 2005, 11:59 PM
    Haven't found any Duke movie theme songs. Not been searching for that, but I purcahased one a few months ago, and downloaded Sweet Home Alabama, a totally cool song from the '70's. The music is hoaky, but it's still sweet home Alabama.

Cheers, B)

[snapback]17676[/snapback]

A great song by Lynard Skynard. I use to have the prepaid cell phones (where you buy a phone card for $10,25 or 50dollars. However this second time i went onto a 3 yr contract, which it wasnt the smartest thing to do but i never have to worry about purchasing phone cards anymore, or my phone being disconnected because of lack of use. On my contract i pay 30 dollars a month total.

-IHW

• Hi All

I am afraid everyone in our house has a mobile phone (7) as well as the landline. :lol:
    So we stay in touch a lot. :o If I'm not talking to my wife Maria, then I'm talking to one of the kids. Although they are not kids any more (or so they tell me.) :mellow: As for ring tones, it's just any old thing that sounds like a normal ringing sound for me. :stunned:

Emmanuel. :jump:

Emmanuel.

I'll try one of those black beers....THE QUIET MAN.

• My ringtone is that of the theme tune from 'The good the bad and the ugly' and it has been for some years. I found a web site that gives out the codes to compose the tune in the mobile for free, I would be interested in putting the Magnificent 7 tune in if I could find the code to compose it with.

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• I can understand wanting mobile phones in the situations you describe, Smokey. What really irritates me, though, are people casually blabbing on the phones to their friends while in the grocery store or other markets. Or while driving in heavy traffic. Because you'll never convince me that people are capable of talking on a phone and paying close attention to the road while driving. IMO, that's dangerous. Not only to themselves but to others.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• I agree Stumpy, my pet peeve with cell phones is the inattentive driving. Its just ridiculous to have to carry on a 15 min conversation in ones car, unless its a emergency of course.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• I agree with my friends above,
    we seem to have managed without cellnet/mobile phones before!
    Here in England, it is an offence to be on a mobile phone whilst driving,
    unless it's hands-free.
    However to a certain extent, the law is flouted,
    and you still see idiots, driving around on the phone,
    not only a risk to themselves, but other folks too.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• A few months ago my Son made me go to town with him to get one of these New Fangeled Cell Phones, he said that I needed one so he could get touch with me and just in case I got in trouble. :stunned: The man that sold us the Cell Phone ask me what kind of ring I wanted on the Phone. I told him that I wanted something Western or something Cowboy. :cowboy:

After hearing all the tunes on the Phone I told him that I wanted the William Tell Overture you know "The Lone Ranger Theme" so I told him if that was all he had I would take that tune. The Lone Ranger was a Big Thing on Radio way before T.V. in the 1930 and 40s with us young Kids. :cowboy:

Because I can not hear many of the High Notes, after 60 years flying Aircraft, I had it turned on as high as I could, so if it went off in the house or in the my Aircraft I could hear it. :uhuh:

Sunday came around and I was sitting in Church and we had a Fill-In Preacher and it was a Very Dry Sermon, and yes you guessed it, the Sell Phone went off right in the middle of his Speech or Sermon. :fear: Here was the Theme from the "Lone Ranger" going Full Blast and every one Chuckling, and me running for the Door trying to find the Dammed Cell Phone in my Coat. Later after Church one of the Ranchers said "What else would you think Chilibill would have on his Phone!" :lol:

I found out one thing "Turn off that Dammed Sell Phone in Church!!!" :fear2:

Chilibill :cowboy:

• hi stumpy and chill

have to agree with you about the inattention that cell phones cause whilst driving that is why every so often the police have blitzes and catch those talking on their phones not using the hands free option. in our family if the phone rings and there is only one person in the car they pull off the road to answer or if they cant pull off saftly or for a long distance they ignore it and it goes onto the missed calls list or if the call is really important whom ever it is trying to call you will call back. but normally when they are travelling any great distance there are two in the car so one can answer while the other continues to drive

laughed myself silly reading about the phone going off in church would have livened up the sermon no end.

cheers smokey

• Well Chilibill,

At least when it went off, wasn't playing the tune to Madonna's Like A Virgin! :lol:

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Hi everyone,

My phone has "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" and The James Bond Theme, my wife has "Somewhere Over The Rainbow". Movie geeks, we truly are.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town