Hair Raising On The Back Of Your Neck

There are 11 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,888 times. The latest Post () was by Jay J. Foraker.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• This is kinda related to the current discussion about the harry potter books but to do with cable TV.

If any of you here have The Si Fi channel you may have noticed this about them as well. Notice those little advertising shots they play that advertises the Sci Fi channel? Those are the ones that show things like an elderly female pouring a bucket of water over herself and she turns into a beautiful younger woman. Another shows a Martial-artist doing kicks and avoiding throwing stars and such. Still another shows a guy juggeling bowling pins and then his head. These are OK to look at I guess.

One I do not think is OK to look at because it clearly shows beastiality -- which I definately disagree with and do not like. This show's some creature and a woman sticking out their tongues till they touch. I think that's a bit disgusting myself.

Now i'm getting to the point.

But have you ever noticed those little spots that for some reason has satan in them? I noticed two of them. I think this is way out of line and disgusting.

One spot shows a young child I think playing with a jack-in-the-box toy which when opens satan appears and the child I think touches it's nose with her finger or something like that.

Another spot also has satan in it but I cannot remember details.

Then just a few days ago, I was cruising the cable channels and came across Sci Fi. They were showing a very attractive woman (not all the way of course) having some intercourse. I stayed there long enouge to see that a snake was crawling over her body (the snake came from her parner) then soon you see her partner which is satan.

Now i'm not a religious fanatic but, I can't stand that kind of thing.

What do you all thing about this stuff being shown?

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• The SciFi Channel has been going downhill for the last few years. I think they have been trying to outdo everything to get viewers, but, as far as I'm concerned, I rarely watch it anymore.
    Cheers - Jay -_-

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• I think it is all vulgar and disgusting which is why I stopped watching that channel a long time ago and refused to let my daughter watch it while she was still living at home. I just don't think it sends out any kind of positive or intelligent message.

Baby Sis

:cowboy::cowboy::cowboy:

"Give me a man like Duke Wayne"...Marueen O'Hara

• Thanks for your thoughts Jay & Baby Sis.

I also pretty much quit watching it ever since they took off Star Trek. Their only savings grace to me is that they still play Twilight Zone. If it were not for T.Z, i'd delete that channel from my TV.

I remember when they used to be my favorite channel - well actually under the History Channel that is. They used to have such a line-up that could keep one watching that station for many hours.

For instance I remember a time when their line-up was something like this:

The Incredible Hulk, Spiderman, Star Trek, Twilight Zone, Lost In Space, Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea, The Nightstalker, Voyagers, Time Tunnel, Land of the Giants, Battlestar Galactica and such. Now it seems as if they are nothing but horror shows to the occult to just flat out trash.

PS, I think the new Battlestar Galactica series is really veri schlecht (pretty terrible)

• Why is it that all these networks have no originality anymore? Everything is based on successful movies or TV series of the past. And then, they rarely have the sparkle and sense of wonder that the originals had.
    The original "Battlestar Galactica" was no great guns to begin with IMHO. It lasted - what - two seasons and now SciFi has regenerated it once more. I haven't even watched it but I have seen many puff pieces trying to develop interest in the show. The articles on the show seem to be trying too hard, though, to make this "Battlestar Galactica" the greatest thing since sliced cheese.
    Cheers - Jay :blink::wacko:

"Not hardly!!!"

• Hi Jay, I completely agree with you. though when Battlestar Galactica originally came out, I was only 12 or 13 yrs old. The last time I watched the series was about 12 or 14 years ago. The new B.G is just a totally usless trash show IMHO. I just can't stand the way the Sci Fi Channel went. I admit I watched one of the new episodes of B.G but I absolutely loathed it. :D

• My question is why did the producers of BG change the main character from a man to a woman. I am not antifeminist by any means, but this just strikes me as another nod to political correctness!!?? <_< :wacko:
    Cheers - Jay :blink:

"Not hardly!!!"

• Hi Jay, my sentiments exactly. Also, I have no problem either of the main character being a lady but I don't understand the change either. I wonder what happened to Edward James Olmos? Wasn't he the main character?

• Hello folks,

I'm not over the hill, yet; but there are few things on today's television that
    interests me. Other than TCM, History channel, and the Weather channel,
    I only watch football and my dvd collection.

Whenever I'm on the road I always pack some of Duke's dvds to play
    on my laptop. I usually don't watch tv unless it's football season.

-ncb

My heroes have always been cowboys.

• Hi Nathan, I don't blame you. The only network TV I watch is the evening news and whenever The Amazing race is on. If i'm watching TV it's usually only older programming unless it's on TCM, AMC, Spike (only sometimes) and TLC and THC. Oh and I admit that I sometimes watch re-runs of The Rockford Files & Magnum PI on WGN.

Other than watching classic movies or TV shows, it's usually a movie on DvD for me.

• I watch for the most part during the summer is TV Land. I like to see the old shows like Andy Griffith, Leave it to Beaver, and others, but the network is beginning to show those politically correct shows, and taking away some of those goods shows. Anyway, I do watch the local news and some of the cable networks like ESPN, Hallmark, AMC, TCM, and yes, The Weather Channel. The networks have lost reality for its viewers, and I'm not talking about the reality shows, either.

Not sure what to think but what has this become? :huh:

Just a thought. :uhuh:

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

Originally posted by Hondo Duke Lane@Jul 28 2005, 04:37 PM
    The networks have lost reality for its viewers, and I'm not talking about the reality shows, either.
    Not sure what to think but what has this become? :huh:

[snapback]19623[/snapback]

This is the age of the soundbite. Have you noticed how so many things are compressed into as short a time as possible? The attention spans of many of the younger generation doesn't lend for extended discussion. And so many programs, which are geared for the youth, tend to try to rivet the attention immediately and keep it there with little "sock-it", "jab-it" episodes. Many of them couldn't sit through a John Wayne discourse without getting ants in their pants. That is one reason I am proud of the young JW fans that have come to this board. Shows that they have "grit."
    Cheers - Jay :D

"Not hardly!!!"