Duke's Filmography- Past Discussion (Archive)

There are 87 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 48,843 times. The latest Post () was by Popol Vuh.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi
    I agree, this should be included,
    but I don't agree with switching TV shows To the Filmography.
    I think they should be, kept separate, otherwise, it will all get confusing.
    To be factual, a Filmography, should only include Full feature Movies,
    which were made for theatre release.
    TV films, should be separated and treated as such.
    Our Filmography, only lists, theatre releases.
    How can Duke presenting a Dick Powell film,
    be included in a John Wayne Filmography!!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Hi Jim.
    I also note, it doesn't include the BOB HOPE film,
    CANCEL MY RESERVATION
    Ok, only a cameo part for Duke,
    but nevertheless, a full length movie, that he appears in!!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Chester,

I'm not certain exactly which IMDb decision you had reference to when you wrote I might be able to shed a little light on the reasoning. But, they recently installed a new program they call Full Episode Support, that is supposed to be able to list the cast/crew credits on every television program by the episode...e.g....each episode of "Gunsmoke" will now have a site page of its own. Before, the "Gunsmoke" listing had just the regulars shown (from all the years) and below that the people who appeared in various episodes were all lumped together under "Guest." Never mind that these people were actors hired to play a fictional role in some "Gunsmoke" episode and calling them a Guest was inane to the Nth degree.
    Anyway, this Full Episode Support program, in theory, would have enabled an IMDb "User" to look up specific episodes of ANY television series to see who played what on each. But, when this program went "live" a few days after the first of the year, it appears to have had a mind of its own (the site is really, really good about installing programs they run amok, as they evidently don't do any cause-and-effect or consequences measurements before they let a mad cow out of the barn)...and, at the moment, Full Episode Support has screwed up just about everything on site in huge glumps, including the few site pages on films and people that were correct...and those were few indeed to begin with.

One more time...if any of you see something on there that appears a bit off plumb, the odds are about 99-1 that it indeed is plumb off plumb...and one needs to walk carefully through this mine field of misinformation...especially at the moment, and until they get this mess fixed. Don't hold your breath. They have programmed-created messes from Day One that still have not been corrected. On their present course, they are rapidly approaching Wikipedia for unreliability.

Les

• I really haven't been keeping up to date lately, but today by chance I found a bunch of releases from Universal in region 2. They are all being released 5th of June and are all parts of the earlier giant box set from Universal. I really didn't have time to go through them but I think there are about 10-15 new releases and re-releases. If any one has time to browse through the lists here is a link:

Play.com releases 5th of June

There are over 200 releases for that day so you have to browse 20 titles at a time.

If anyone has a better link please post it here. If not I will wait until Amazon has them listed.

Regards
    Popol Vuh

• Well, here is the list:

Conqueror, The
    Fighting Kentuckian, The
    Hell Fighters
    Jet Pilot
    Lady From Louisiana / Flame Of The Barbary Coast
    Magnificent Showman, The
    Pittsburgh / Dakota
    Quiet Man, The
    Reap The Wild Wind
    Rio Grande
    Rooster Cogburn
    Sands Of Iwo Jima
    Seven Sinners
    She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
    Spoilers, The
    Stagecoach
    Tall In The Saddle
    Three Faces West / Shepherd Of The Hills
    Tycoon
    Wake Of The Red Witch
    War Of The Wildcats / In Old California
    War Wagon, The

RRP £ 9.99
    You can pre-order from DVD.CO.UK or PLAY.COM, if you don't already have the big box set that is.