Anyone Here Also A Big Fan Of

There are 25 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 6,533 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• They didn't call it the "Golden Age" for nothing.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• For those of you who are Bogart fans, there is a very good movie out there called The Enforcer (1951). This is one of those movies that is excellent, but has virtually no reputation today. It's not as good as, say, Casablanca, The Big Sleep, The Maltese Falcon, or Key Largo. But, I'd put it right up there with High Sierra and Dark Passage. It's definitely a must-see for Bogart fans.

"I am not intoxicated - yet." McLintock!

• Hi Carl

They were both great actors and I've always
    liked watching their movies. My mother loved
    Casablanca. I remember my brother and I being
    sent to bed early on a Saturday night when we
    were young so that she could watch it without us
    running round the living room.Now whenever it's
    on I always think of her.

Emmanuel.

Emmanuel.

I'll try one of those black beers....THE QUIET MAN.

• Hi Emmanuel, yep, I agree that both were great. It would have been great to have seen them both appear in a Duke movie of some sort. I was very impressed with some of their movies that I saw for the first time about 6 months ago when there was a marathon of sorts on TCM. I never thought of giving movies like: The Black Legion, White Heat and Blood On The Sun, any chance. I saw them during that marathon and loved them all.

Bogey was so good in Black Legion and Cagney was supurb in White Heat and Blood On The Sun. The Gangster Classics set that is out is one I definately will be buying.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..