General age of the fans who love Duke

There are 199 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 90,684 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Mclintock1962,

We'd like to also extend a big WELCOME to the John Wayne Message Board!

We're happy you've found us, and we hope you will stay around for awhile.

Where do you teach, and what class? I sure would like to have my two teens taking a class that uses a John Wayne movie to teach :D !

We look forward to "meeting" again!

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

• Im sure that is because you fooled the poll by looking and acting way younger then you actually are! :P .Goodjob.

-IHW

• I am so pleased that I found this forum.Finally people who have the same adoration for John Wayne as I do.I've been a fan of him since I was a small child,it was actually my dad's mom who introduced him to me and she passed away when I was only 6 yrs old.One of my only memories of her is the both of us sitting in front of the telly on a saturdayafternoon watching a western with Mr Wayne...

• Moonshine_Sally, Welcome to the best Duke site on the web, atleast in my opinion. You will find a great group of people here with lots of knowledge and who enjoy talking about JW. Glad you found us. Hope to see you around.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Welcome to the forums Sally, i've already seen you haev joined into some discussion. Enjoy the forums, have fun.

-IHW

• I am 32 (male). I have been on the internet since the early 90's, over 10 years. There are millions of websites around the world. But NONE has ever impressed or impacted me like this one. I cannot think of a better use for web space than a tribute to the Duke.
    I always wondered about the details of John Wayne's death. Tonight I watched In Harm's Way, then The Shootist. The latter is a hard movie for me to watch. So, I got online and googled the Duke to see what comes up and ended up here. I have been here and at http://wyntoontrip.com/ reading for the last 6 (yes SIX) hours. It is after 1 am, and I need to go to bed.
    I have been a John Wayne fan most of my life. Unfortunately, I don't know a single person my age that is also a hard core Duke fan. Correction, didn't until I found this place.
    I never knew there was a book by his sweetheart. I never knew there is/is going to be? a John Wayne museum.

Chilibill, you made http://wyntoontrip.com/? After all these years I finally got the details of the Duke's final days I have wondered about most of my life. I cried. A great man was lost. If I am not mistaken and you did all that work, great job. I saved the information. Very impressive.
    To anyone that has anything to do with these 2 sites, THANK YOU.
    I will be sticking around here. I have alot of reading to do.
    Question, are there any 800x600 desktop themes of the Duke? If so WHERE!?
    Hope to meet you all. The Duke lives on, through his fans.

• Moonshine_Sally and cidm,

We'd like to welcome you both to the John Wayne Message Board, the best of its kind this side of dot com! We can understand your feelings about the Duke, as we all have them ourselves (as you are discovering as you read the many posts here!).

cidm - Chilibill has definitely been an asset to this board and its been a real pleasure as he has shared his memories of time spent with John Wayne in years past.

We look forward to getting to know both of you better, as we read your posts!

Again . . . WELCOME!!

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

• Moonshine Sally and cidm -
    Hi folks - Welcome to the JWMB where you'll find a lot of Duke's fans like yourselves to communicate with and share information. This is the best internet board of its kind as I am sure you're finding out. Hope to hear a lot from you both.
    Cheers - Jay :D

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Hi Sally and cidm,
    I will echo my friend Jay,
    and also say,
    WELCOME to the JWMB,
    Stick around and have some fun.
    If you like, join the the Real Seniors thread,
    and log in your birth years.
    Join the the rich tapestry of life!!!

Best wishes,
    ee

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• :o
    I am surprised at the number of younger fans who were polled. But GREAT!!

'Nother surprise to me----
    I am 50 & a I reckoned our age group would be the highest.

Mustang Gregg

• Hi,
    Great to hear from you.
    Yes, it just shows how popular the Duke is
    in all age groups!!
    Over on the Real Senior thread,
    there is a list, of regular members, years of birth,
    take a look, it's interesting reading.
    Why don't you put post your Y.O.B.
    while you're there, and join the gang!!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Mustang Gregg,

I see you have been a member of the message board for quite awhile, but have just made your very first post! We're glad to see you finally get your feet wet and join us!

Consider this your first official on-board welcome to the John Wayne Message Board, without a doubt the best of its kind on the 'Net!

We hope you'll become a regular around this here corral :D !

Chester :newyear: (58) and the Mrs. :angel1: (49)

• Welcome Mustang Gregg on making your first post here. Now that you've taking that first step, we hope there will be many more to come. Visit and participate often.
    Cheers - Jay :D

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• lol, I hear ya. I was thinking the same thing too.

But it's great that so many young'uns ;) know and enjoy JW.

We need to do a poll on women Vs men fans and see how many each side gets.

Vicki :)

• hi

if you think about it this poll is now defunk as some of us polled when we were one age but we have grown older but the poll has stayed the same maybe we should hav a new one or have it move us as we move from age bracket to another.

but then again maybe i should stay stum and live at the age i polled at for some more time lol

hooroo smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Wow, it seems like I'm the youngest registered here, I'm 14, I've been watching Duke movies since I was about 2, with my Grandfather. Us living and breathing Western life the Westerns are very popular here. And as The Duke said-

"Westerns are closer to art than anything else in the motion picture business"

That is so very very true

The youngest member of the JWMB! And proud Cowgirl!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]