General age of the fans who love Duke

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Your view is limited. Please register to the JWMB to access all features.

There are 199 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Kevin.

• little orange,

We, too, would like to welcome you to the John Wayne Message Board. If you browse the threads a little, you will become acquainted with our very own Chilibill, a little past 70 himself.

We look forward to seeing you around again soon!

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:
  • Welcome little orange, I'm sure you'll have some fun here,
    If you wish you can join the rest of us wrinklies,
    on THE REAL SENIOR MEMBERS thread,
    If you register, you may be entitled,
    to some of Chesters pension fund!
    Ha Ha Ha
    Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England
  • hi all

chester will need all of his pension especially if he keeps eating the brocoli (or is it something they put in the water :lol: )

cheers smokey
    " its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"
  • It's the broccoli, smokey, it's the broccoli! Once I stopped eating broccoli, we haven't had any more kids. :D

The sad thing is, I love broccoli and I love kids, especially with mayonnaise (the broccoli, not the kids :lol: ).

Then I heard an official report that broccoli helps retain memory and perhaps helps to avoid Alzheimers disease (which seems to run rampant in my family). So I have this big dilemma - retaining my memory and knowing who my wife and kids are into my golden, olden years . . . or having more kids than the old woman in the shoe, but not knowing who they are :D . But wait - if I eat more broccoli, we might have more kids, but I WILL know who they are :headbonk: .

Hm-m-m-m-m, what time does the farmer's market open this morning? And where's the mayonnaise? :rolleyes:

Chester :newyear:
  • Yes, that would be a great moment. To sit down a share a bottle of Wild Turkey with John .
    My son who is 14 is also a Duke fan and I realy feel his love for the Duke and his strong faith in God and our Country has helped him make good choices, he just completed his Eagle Scout project.
    I am very proud of him, and of corse Mom and I have had some infulence.
    We both attend 1800 period events whenever we can and with out being conscious of it as we buy our period clothing (River Junction Trade Co in McGregor Iowa) we look in the mirror and there is old Duke and young Hondo.

If you are ever in north eastern Iowa please check out the River Junction Trade Company on main street McGregor. It is like taking a step back in time. My son and I head up there whenever we can just to hang out. They have several cowboy events every year and yes you can wear your iron. In fact they are building a western town
    and planing five to six events a year.
    riverjunction.com/

Roy Rogers was my first hero then the Duke, I felt that "real cowboys" should not run around with a gutiar. However I still have a great deal of respect for "Roy".

As for me I will never put my six guns down!
    Mike
  • [ATTACH]37]Hi all I am a big fan cause my mom and dad were they turn me on to wanye. My dad served in the Navy ww2 and he told me one time after the war they were making a jw film and that their ship was going to be in some of the shots my dad said all them navy boys got dress up in their navy blues and shined their shoes combed their hair they all thought they were going to be in a movie. he said their ship was so far back you could not see them. he laughed about this all the time. :lol:[/attach]
    Images
    • Uncle_Frank_WWII_Honoree.jpg

63.7 kB, 581×558, viewed 23 times
  • olered,

Howdy, and a big welcome to the John Wayne Message Board!

That was a funny story you shared. I can imagine all the excitement amongst the sailors, having been one myself, thinking they were going to be in a John Wayne movie. The closest I got to stardom in the Navy was that Bob Hope's son was one of my shipmates, and took a karate class with me in Sasebo, Japan.

I'm curious about your attached picture. Is there a web site that has that? I am assuming there is. Please tell us more about it. My dad was a WWII Navy veteran, and I think would be neat to put his picture there, too. BTW, are your mom and dad still alive?

Well, we hope you decide to stay around and keep us company!

• Originally posted by chester7777@Aug 13 2005, 11:17 AM
    olered,

Howdy, and a big welcome to the John Wayne Message Board!

That was a funny story you shared.  I can imagine all the excitement amongst the sailors, having been one myself, thinking they were going to be in a John Wayne movie.  The closest I got to stardom in the Navy was that Bob Hope's son was one of my shipmates, and took a karate class with me in Sasebo, Japan.

I'm curious about your attached picture.  Is there a web site that has that?  I am assuming there is.  Please tell us more about it.  My dad was a WWII Navy veteran, and I think would be neat to put his picture there, too.  BTW, are your mom and dad still alive?

Well, we hope you decide to stay around and keep us company!

[snapback]20300[/snapback]

web site is wwiimemorial.com mom and dad are with God and jw both passed in 1995 dad pass 11 days after mom broken heart.