General age of the fans who love Duke

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Your view is limited. Please register to the JWMB to access all features.

There are 199 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Kevin.

• Hi Sally and cidm,
    I will echo my friend Jay,
    and also say,
    WELCOME to the JWMB,
    Stick around and have some fun.
    If you like, join the the Real Seniors thread,
    and log in your birth years.
    Join the the rich tapestry of life!!!

Best wishes,
    ee
    Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England
  • Originally posted by Mustang Gregg@Dec 30 2005, 12:09 PM
    :o
    I am surprised at the number of younger fans who were polled.  But GREAT!!

'Nother surprise to me----
    I am 50 & a I reckoned our age group would be the highest.

Mustang Gregg
    [snapback]24619[/snapback]

Hi,
    Great to hear from you.
    Yes, it just shows how popular the Duke is
    in all age groups!!
    Over on the Real Senior thread,
    there is a list, of regular members, years of birth,
    take a look, it's interesting reading.
    Why don't you put post your Y.O.B.
    while you're there, and join the gang!!
    Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England
  • Mustang Gregg,

I see you have been a member of the message board for quite awhile, but have just made your very first post! We're glad to see you finally get your feet wet and join us!

Consider this your first official on-board welcome to the John Wayne Message Board, without a doubt the best of its kind on the 'Net!

We hope you'll become a regular around this here corral :D !

Chester :newyear: (58) and the Mrs. :angel1: (49)
  • Originally posted by Mustang Gregg@Dec 30 2005, 07:09 AM
    :o
    I am surprised at the number of younger fans who were polled.  But GREAT!!

'Nother surprise to me----
    I am 50 & a I reckoned our age group would be the highest.

Mustang Gregg
    [snapback]24619[/snapback]

lol, I hear ya. I was thinking the same thing too.

But it's great that so many young'uns ;) know and enjoy JW.

We need to do a poll on women Vs men fans and see how many each side gets.

Vicki :)
  • hi

if you think about it this poll is now defunk as some of us polled when we were one age but we have grown older but the poll has stayed the same maybe we should hav a new one or have it move us as we move from age bracket to another.

but then again maybe i should stay stum and live at the age i polled at for some more time lol

hooroo smokey
    " its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"
  • Wow, it seems like I'm the youngest registered here, I'm 14, I've been watching Duke movies since I was about 2, with my Grandfather. Us living and breathing Western life the Westerns are very popular here. And as The Duke said-
    "Westerns are closer to art than anything else in the motion picture business"

That is so very very true
    The youngest member of the JWMB! And proud Cowgirl!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hi Bek,
    You certainly are the youngest, that has posted their birthday.
    If you look on the the Real Seniors thread, on the first page,
    there is a roll call, of all the birth years, and I've now included yours,

Best Wishes
    Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England
  • :o WOW, I am surprised to see that the largest demografic from the poll is the 30-40 year old range. While i am at the very far upper end of that group for another 7 weeks or less, i never saw a Duke movie on the big screen. My log in name explains part of why i always have and always will be a Duke fanatic not just a fan. You see my greandfather looked just like DUKE, he was about 6'3" and bought me my first horse for my 3rd birthday. For the 1st month he would ride with me, the next month he would lead me with a rope following his horse. The first Saturday of December 1969 we went out for our Saturday ride. I can remember it like it was yesterday. We always started just after dawn and it was very cold. he would saddle my horse for me until i got big enough to do it myself about age 7 or 8 i guess. Well he helped me up onto my horse, a pinto just like Little Joe's from Bonanza " as i had begged for. I got all situated with the riens in my gloves and fett settled in the sturrips, it was the i noticed he had not attached the lead rope to his horse from PINTO'S HALTER. I asked him where it was and he simply replied "You don't need it anymore" The rest is now history. I rode with him for the next 20 years. We would go to Kings Moutain National park and ride the marked and unmarked trail every spring and fall with a riding club from my home town. He had worked there during the depression era in the CCC'S as part of FDR'S alphabet soup projects. My 2pa had his 1st major heart attack and was in ICU after being shocked 7 times to revive him at the same time THE DUKE was in his last days. In fact THE DUKE went clear while he was still in the hospital. I was 12 1/2 and it hit me like a ton of bricks. As my list of people or hero's in order of importance were and still are Jesus first and foremost, then 2pa then, THE DUKE, Dale Sr. i could go on but that is enough for you to get the picture. Fortunately 2pa held on and lived until 91. I haven't ridden a horse or been hunting since, i have tried but jsut don't have the heart.