General age of the fans who love Duke

There are 199 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 90,938 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Im only 21!! and I realised how much of a fan I was only a couple of years ago when I was meant to be studying for my exams! lol!! It was my birthday yday and i received a really cool special edition box set with ' Hondo,' 'The High and Mighty.' Mclintock,' and ' Island in the sky.' Ive watched them all already !! there fantastic, you've got all the essence of the John Wayne days coupled with extra commentaries from the cast!

Yeehaa!

by the way - there from PAramount if anyway wants the box set, i got mine form HMV but i'd say they'll be available in most big stores!

'Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway.'

• With TCM, AMC, and the Encore Western Channel showing great films, particularly westerns, I prefer those over the current line-up of cheaply produced TV programs.

• I made the big 40 back on May 1st. I bought a cigar and enjoyed it in honor of Duke smoking his in The Searchers (the greatest western of ALL TIME)..

• Welcome to the website Yeehaa! You have found the best place on the net to talk about Duke. Enjoy your stay here!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Yeehaa!

A big welcome to you! Always glad to have new members, and especially happy when you younger folks join in. It means Duke's legacy will continue on for a good long time.

Chester :newyear:

• Is my grand daughter at 11 months the youngest JW fan to vote on this poll? (actually I did the voting for her)

She recognises JW and loves the music from the soundtracks. Long may it continue:teeth_smile:

Elly

Be who you are & say what you feel Because those who mind dont matter & those who matter dont mind

• 43 members registering in the two categories 30 & under, good too see that.

Greetings from North of the 49th

• I have follow John wayne ever since i knew what i was watching on tv he is the greatest action actor of all time. i never get sick of watching his movie.

• Hi everyone,
    very interested in this age of duke fans poll.there is a lot of fans in my own age range of 30 to 40 which was a bit of a surprise as i thought most fans would be slightly older.
    great to see more fans of my age and younger.just goes to show duke has fans all across the ages which is great and he will continue to attract new fans due to his movies and his standing as a great man.

:thumbs_up:

" I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man " True Grit

• azmet, WELCOME to the Original John Wayne Message Board! We look forward to seeing you around!

luckynedpepper, I can't tell you how encouraging it is to us "older" folks that there are younger folks around who love and admire John Wayne - that means the memory of John Wayne will endure a good long time!!

Chester :newyear: