General age of the fans who love Duke

There are 199 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 90,837 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• azmet, WELCOME to the Original John Wayne Message Board! We look forward to seeing you around!

luckynedpepper, I can't tell you how encouraging it is to us "older" folks that there are younger folks around who love and admire John Wayne - that means the memory of John Wayne will endure a good long time!!

Chester :newyear:

Chester, i hope i didn't offend you when i mentioned the "older" folks as this was just a figure of speech and no harm was meant to anyone.Hey what does it matter how old or young anyone is,we are all fans of Duke.
    Apologies again luckynedpepper

" I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man " True Grit

• Chester, i hope i didn't offend you when i mentioned the "older" folks as this was just a figure of speech and no harm was meant to anyone.

I feel confident when I say that probably no offense was taken by anyone here. Certainly you didn't offend me. Personally, I take pride in being older - it has its perks! :biggrin:

• Chester, i hope i didn't offend you when i mentioned the "older" folks as this was just a figure of speech and no harm was meant to anyone.Hey what does it matter how old or young anyone is,we are all fans of Duke.
    Apologies again luckynedpepper

No offense taken from this quarter either, luckyned. As Chester says, being older has its advantages (if you can ignore the aches and pains). We all have the common focus of John Wayne to tie us together.
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• thanks for that Jay and Chester. that has put my mind at rest.

cheers luckynedpepper:thumbs_up:

• Great idea!

Dedicated to the American Hero...John Wayne
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dukette ( a true native Texas gal)

• I am 26, John Wayne was a childhood idle of my parents generation. They watched them so, so did we. I believe that this is why those of us born after his death still came to admire him. I had been watching him for several years as a very young kid before I even knew that he was no longer alive. I remember driving my dad nuts when we rented videos on very rare occasions, I had to have a John Wayne movie. I grew up watching the Lone Ranger to though I admit now the Lone Ranger is alittle much for me. I would still rather watch a old movie (40's-70's) than a new one.

• I fall in the 41-50 age range. I remember as a child going to see True Grit and a number of other uke films at the theater!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Monseur, you are a LuLu!" (The Comancheros)

• I think what Suprised me most about this Poll is the Young age of most of the People on this Web-Site !
    :wink:
    Some of the People were not even Here when Duke was Making all these Great Films that He Did !!
    :omg:
    And us older People that were here when Duke was Making these Films are So Very Few !!!
    :no:
    Chilibill
    :cowboy:

• I think it is great to get younger people involved. I am 53, I was exposed to JW at the end of his career. If you go back to Stagecoach and watch his movies until his last The Shootist, you will discover for yourself why JW became a legend, and hero.:teeth_smile:

:film: " When the legend becomes fact print the legend"

• The appeal of doing right,respect, and integrity which Duke lived out never grows old as we see in the various ages represented in the poll.
    Kinda bummed seeing all the inactive members reading through the posts.:sad_smile:

• I'm am 22 and have been i nawe of this icon since I was a kid. I didn't start exploring his work until a few years back and am proud to be one of his biggest fans.

• Thank you!!!

I have been a classics fan since I was a teenager. I have been in awe of not only the Duke but all the legends since I was a kid. They are mythical to me. Still are. But now they are also like old friends.

• Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's exactly why I love classic films. Classy, fun entertainment and with superior talent.

• i find it quite amazing that my age group in the poll has the most votes/people.
    i would have thought people in their 50's and 60's would far outweigh any other age group.
    not that it matters cos we are all fans of big JW

• Hey, we are thrilled to see big numbers in the lower age brackets - it means Duke's legacy is going to continue for a good long time.

As to why there are not as many in the older brackets . . . there are many older folks who don't have computers or not as computer literate as younger folks. We are blessed to have some very computer-savvy senior citizens here!!