What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,421,509 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• The last Western I saw was on DvD just yesterday and it is called: Waterhole #3. James Coburn, Carrol O'Connor, James Whitmore Sr, Bruce Dern, Claude Akins & Timothy Carey starred in it.

The movie was faintly funny and I like all the actors in it but, the movie itself made little impression on me.

Now the last "GOOD" Western I saw was Dodge City.

I don't know if you can really call this a Western or not but yesterday I purchased The Grapes of Wrath (along with Waterhole #30 and I will be watching it tonight.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Hi Vera -
    No, the story supposedly took place in Arkansas and surrounding territory, but the actual filming was done in Colorado. Arkansas has no snow-capped peaks like you see in the film or even tall mountains as seen on the horizon where the story starts and ends.
    Cheers - Jay :D

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• The last western I watched was Monte Walsh with Tom Selleck (on DVD). Watched that last night. The night before I watched what I think was called "Two-Gun Woman", a pretty cheesy B-Western that was on the Western Channel. The last John Wayne westerns I watched were Hondo and McLintock!, both when I picked up the DVDs.
    Colorado Bob

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

Originally posted by SXViper@Nov 4 2005, 12:48 AM
    I just bought "True Grit" when I was down in Atlanta and watched in on my laptop when doing the airport thing. So that was my last western watched. I know, what a lamo for not having True Grit yet. Hey what can I say, I just never seemed to pick it up when I had the chance, I found it a store down in Marietta, it was $7.99, so I couldn't pass it up.

[snapback]22787[/snapback]

Hey Viper, I purchased Rooster Cogburn (...and the Lady) almost two weeks ago. I know that it is not the same but it is the same character. :)

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

Originally posted by Jay J. Foraker@Nov 4 2005, 11:43 PM
    Hi Vera -
    No, the story supposedly took place in Arkansas and surrounding territory, but the actual filming was done in Colorado. Arkansas has no snow-capped peaks like you see in the film or even tall mountains as seen on the horizon where the story starts and ends.
    Cheers - Jay :D

[snapback]22805[/snapback]

Hi Jay,
    Thank you for information. I was always wondering, watching the film, were all these beautiful landscapes are situated? It will be really interesting to know in what places all Duke films were shoot. Some of them I know, the Mountain Valley of course, Sonora - "Angel and the Badman", Durango (in Mexico?) - The Sons of Katie Elder, The Alamo - somewere in Taxes
    Each in his own kind.
    Regards,
    Vera

• Hi Vera,
    I don't think you noticed,my post to your question,
    but if you enter Locations in the search box,
    you will see quite a few threads relating to them

Keith

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Hello:
    The last Western I watched was Dakota. I just added it to my DVD library. I only have to get Three Faces West and then I'll have the complete John Wayne that has been released. Can't wait till they release some more.
    wbbison

• Hi Keith,
    I'm truly sorry, I didn't notice your post. Sometimes in the evening when I returned from the stable I became very slow.
    I will search the Locations. Thanks.
    Regards,
    Vera

• Last night I watched "Rage at Dawn" (1955 on the Westerns Channel) with Randolph Scott and a bunch of other recognizable faces, and "Straight Shooting" (1917 from my DVD collection) with Harry Carey and Hoot Gibson and a bunch of very unrecognizable faces. One of the actors was named Vestor Pegg. I got curious and looked him up on IMDb and saw that he was in a couple of John Wayne's early films as well.
    Best,
    Colorado Bob

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• I just picked up a couple more on DVD today, and the one I watched was Four Faces West with Joel McRea. Very good movie, and a very nice print on the DVD.

(I also picked up Branded with Alan Ladd, but I haven't watched it yet...)