What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,996 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,531,478 times. The latest Post () was by ZS_Maverick.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I finally watched my newly purchased DVD of "Hondo" over the weekend. Outstanding movie - I had viewed before on my VHS copy, but the DVD produced a sharper picture. Totally enjoyable.
    Cheers - Jay :D

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Watched: The Comancheros, again yesterday. :) Nothing good was on till later in the evening and I HAD to have something enjoyable to watch till at lest some news came on. :D

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Hello All
    Just Finished Monte Walsh, reminds me of an earlier day, not that day in that part of the world, but earlier then today. Decided to meet this day coming and going. I watched M W until a few min ago and after some rest I plan on celebrating by cutting some firewood and storing it and then going out for a bite at a restaurant owned by a man who has been serving up good food since I was a teenager. I have heard that his brother had cancer and it's possible that there may be a little sad news with dinner. I can accept that, and I'm glad to see the family carrying on. Change has it's place in the scheme of things but so does continuity. :)

Greetings from North of the 49th

• This week I've been watching episode after episode of the TV classic "The Wild Wild West" from the first season DVD collection. Tonight I'll be watching Clint Eastwood's "Pale Rider"

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• On AMC today, I caught the last half hr or so of a Western which had Audie Murphy and Jay Silverheels in it. Unfortunately I did not catch the title.

Originally posted by The Ringo Kid@Jun 19 2006, 03:00 PM
    Tonight I will watch my latest Duke on DvD purchase: "Tall In the Saddle" which I have never seen. :rolleyes::):)

[snapback]32324[/snapback]

You will like it, for me it was a hidden gem as I had never seen it till it was released last year.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

Originally posted by SXViper@Jun 19 2006, 10:32 PM
    You will like it, for me it was a hidden gem as I had never seen it till it was released last year.

[snapback]32339[/snapback]

Hi Todd, yep, your correct, I did like it. I too thought of it as a hidden gem that I never had seen before.

Did you know that Paul Fix had co-written this movie. He was not only a talented actor as well as the person who tought John Wayne how to walk but to find out he was a talented writer as well. :):) Also, as usual, I felt that George "Gabby" Hayes, stole the movie. :lol:

• "Ride, Vaquero!"

w/ Robert Taylor, Ava Gardner and Anthony Quinn.

A very good movie from the '50's. Taylor plays a mysterious outlaw named "Rio" who works with a bandit ( Quinn). When Taylor's life is saved by a rancher and his wife (Howard Keel and Ava Gardner) he goes to work for them, which of course leads to a fight with Quinn. Very entertaining.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• I dont know if "Last of the Dogmen" is considered western, but it comes close enough for me. Other than that, I've been enjoying some Bonanza reruns. I have my little three year old riding that imaginary pony around the house everytime she hears the theme.
    Bo

• I watched this one too. I thought it was OK and did enjoy seeing Anthony Quinn in it as well as Kurt Kaznar. I like Robert taylor alot but he always seems to look fake though.