What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,419,939 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I haven't seen Quigley in awhile but it's one of my favorite Selleck movies.

Just this morning before leaving for the Museum, I watched Rio Lobo.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I watched "Ride the High Country" with Joel McCrae and Randolph Scott last evening. Hadn't seen it in some time and had forgotten how good a western this was. Both principals played off one another with style. Scott retired after doing this movie and McCrae made only two other movies, I believe. Pretty much they decided to let this be their swan song and go out on top.
    Cheers - Jay :D

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• I agree Jay, Ride the High Country is an excellent film. Last night I watched "God's Gun" with Lee Van Cleef and Jack Palance. Although I like both of these guys, the film was a real stinker. I should have watched something else. Oh well, live and learn - right?
    Colorado Bob

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

Originally posted by Phantomstranger@Nov 17 2005, 05:36 PM
    Todays movie is (in my opinion) the greatest "spaghetti " western of them all:
    "The Good,The Bad and The Ugly"

[snapback]23206[/snapback]

Eiahhhh eiahhhh eiahhhh wah wah waaaaaa. (That's my imatation of it's theme) :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Phantomstranger@Nov 18 2005, 12:36 AM
    Todays movie is (in my opinion) the greatest "spaghetti " western of them all:
    "The Good,The Bad and The Ugly"

[snapback]23206[/snapback]

Never like any of S.Leone films.
    I think Duke had the same opinion.
    Regards,
    Senta

• I finally watched Warlock, I liked it a lot. Great to see Henry Fonda in a western. He's a natural in them.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• "The Big Country" (1958)

Gregory Peck
    Charleston Heston
    Burl Ives
    Charles Bickford
    Chuck Conners
    Jean Simmons
    Carol Baker

• Hi Senta, I never have liked Sergio Leones films either though I was raised watching them. I think the only one I can halfway stand now is The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

BTY, I just watched: "The Searchers" today. Ah it was better than last time (if that's possible?)

• I just watched (on VHS) John Ford's last silent western THREE BAD MEN. It is The Master at his best.

John Bernard Books (The Shootist):
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."

• Hi Folks -
    I watched "El Dorado" over the weekend. No matter how many times I watch it, I always get pleasure from it. The dark side <_< in me always enjoys John Mitchum (Robert Mitchum's brother) doing a turn as the bartender who collects splinters in his hand when Sheriff Harrah catches him reaching for a shotgun under the bar.
    BTW - John Mitchum also turned up as Clint Eastwood's partner in several of the "Dirty Harry" films.
    Cheers - Jay :D

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

Originally posted by Phantomstranger@Nov 22 2005, 11:58 PM
    "The Magnificent Seven" (I love this movie)

[snapback]23318[/snapback]

All time I watched this movie I thought that Kurosawa version is much better.
    Senta

Originally posted by Senta@Nov 23 2005, 02:57 AM
    All time I watched this movie I thought that Kurosawa version is much better.
    Senta

[snapback]23327[/snapback]

Hi Senta, you must be talking about: "The Seven Samurai" I saw it for the first time about a year or so ago adn thought it was a well made movie. BTW, it is now out on DvD.

Originally posted by The Ringo Kid@Nov 24 2005, 01:36 AM
    Hi Senta, you must be talking about: "The Seven Samurai" I saw it for the first time about a year or so ago adn thought it was a well made movie. BTW, it is now out on DvD.

[snapback]23334[/snapback]

Hi Ringo,
    Yes. "The MS" is done after "TSS". But the original is much more interesting.
    Regards,
    Senta

• Today is my annual Thanksgiving Day Western marathon..
    No turkeys on this menu

1. Hang'Em High
    2. Rio Bravo
    3.Wanted:Dead Or Alive (a couple of episodes from the McQueen classic)
    4. The Searchers
    5. Gunfight At The O.K. Corral

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• Hi all

it's 8-20am here, there's snow on the ground,
    my youngest has just gone of to school, the wife
    is still in bed. I have the downstairs to myself.
    (I don't go to work until this afternoon)
    So for me this morning it's
    RED RIVER.

Best regards

Emmanuel.

Emmanuel.

I'll try one of those black beers....THE QUIET MAN.