What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,441,471 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Wagon Train
    The Story of Horace Best Major Adam's down the line cousin who decides to reinvent the wheel and do a fancified version of wagons west. In it is a song called, "Go West with Horace Best". If you don't want to be singing this song, even in your sleep........don't watch it, LOL. Cute episode. Also watched The Colter Craven Story, the one directed by Pappy with a cameo appearance by Michael Morrison, (Duke) and Paul Birch as Seth's old friend Sam Grant who became the President Ulysses S. Grant. KEITH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• TCM ran the remastered version of "The Hanging Tree", which I hadn't seen in decades. I had recalled it was slow but I now realize that it was character development.
    Not bad, but Karl Malden needed to be placed on valium.

We deal in lead, friend.

• TCM ran Howard Hawk's "The Big Sky" and I DVR'd it. I've mentioned this before, but this is great film. Not as good as his "Red River", but right up there behind "Rio Bravo".
    Someone has to restore it and release it on DVD.

We deal in lead, friend.

• The Professionals for the first time, what a movie. Plenty of action and a good plot with twists and turned well played by a great cast. Probably one of the best Western's iv'e ever seen. An Instant favourite.

Same here-ive loved the movie since first viewing--oh so many many viewings ago. If you have not seen Bills stills in the thread about the movie? check em out-they are no less than fantastic ;-))

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Same here-ive loved the movie since first viewing--oh so many many viewings ago. If you have not seen Bills stills in the thread about the movie? check em out-they are no less than fantastic ;-))

Too true, yeah I always check out the great threads on here after I watch a picture, god knows where he finds so many great pictures!

• Too true, yeah I always check out the great threads on here after I watch a picture, god knows where he finds so many great pictures!

Bill is either the best at sniffing out these images--or he has insider info on their location and availability. He certainly is to be worshiped on his talent of creating a great collection.

• Hour of the Gun and Rare Breed for the second time, two very different Westerns but both were an enjoyable way to spend a Saturday afternoon

Bill has a nice set of Lobby Cards for Hour of the Gun ;-)) I wonder if he might have a way to post um?

• Revolt at Fort Laramie (1957) John Dehner, Gregg Palmer
    Not a bad picture. Gregg did a great job. Here is a summery of the flick:
    Set at the outbreak of the Civil War, this film concerns a cavalry fort divided according to the loyalties of its troops. Dehner as the Virginian commander promptly hands over leadership to Palmer and leaves with those who side with the Confederacy. This leaves Palmer the problem of coping with a group of Indians who demand $50,000 to sign a treaty. When Dehner's forces are attacked by the Indians, Palmer joins him to fight them off. Performed and presented in routine fashion, with enough action and colorful photography to carry the story.

You might remember Gregg Palmer as Fatty in "Big Jake.
    dukewayne.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/2973/"

• Gregg Palmer was signed by Universal in the 50s, along with guys like Eastwood, Rock Hudson, and Tony Curtis. He was being groomed as a star, but somehow fell into the supporting actor, then character actor catagory. A fine addition to any film tho.

• Revolt at Fort Laramie (1957) John Dehner, Gregg Palmer
    Not a bad picture. Gregg did a great job. Here is a summery of the flick:
    Set at the outbreak of the Civil War, this film concerns a cavalry fort divided according to the loyalties of its troops. Dehner as the Virginian commander promptly hands over leadership to Palmer and leaves with those who side with the Confederacy. This leaves Palmer the problem of coping with a group of Indians who demand $50,000 to sign a treaty. When Dehner's forces are attacked by the Indians, Palmer joins him to fight them off. Performed and presented in routine fashion, with enough action and colorful photography to carry the story.

You might remember Gregg Palmer as Fatty in "Big Jake.
    dukewayne.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/2973/"

I THINK ive seen this before? Is it out on DvD?

• "Revolt At Fort Laramie" (1957)
    -John Dehmer
    Plot: IMDB
    It's just prior to the Civil War and Fort Laramie's problem is the Sioux Indians. When it is announced that war has been declared the fort becomes divided between northerners and southerners. The fort Commander and the southerners resign and head south. But they have to go through Sioux territory and are soon attacked. A messenger gets back to the fort to relate their hopeless condition and the new northern commanded must decide what to do.

Phantom's Review: Decent, little "B" western. The film has a couple of good action scenes and the acting is all right. It's not a great movie by any standards but it is entertaining. Not a bad way to spend an afternoon.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town