What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,426,685 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I THINK ive seen this before? Is it out on DvD?

I looked at all the normal places I usually find DVDs and could not even find a VHS copy. I also checked the Western Channel as far ahead as I could and could find nothing. Glad I recorded a copy for myself. I will keep looking and if I find a copy out there, I will let all Know. Big Jim

• I looked at all the normal places I usually find DVDs and could not even find a VHS copy. I also checked the Western Channel as far ahead as I could and could find nothing. Glad I recorded a copy for myself. I will keep looking and if I find a copy out there, I will let all Know. Big Jim

Thank you Jim, that would eb greatly appreciated.

Also, new Western releases I stumbled across just a few minutes ago:

1) The Boy From Oklahoma w/ Will Rogers Jr.
    2) Hiawatha w/ Vince Edwards.
    3) Fort Vengeance w/ James Craig and Keith Larson.
    4) Cole Younger, Gunfighter w/ Frank Lovejoy and James Best (as the Youngers)
    5) The Gun Hawk w/ Rod Cameron--which is supposed to be a lot like Cole Younger, Gunfighter.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• "The Wild Wild West": The Night Of The Steel Assassin.
    -Robert Conrad, Ross Martin, John Dehner
    Plot: A Civil War soldier, long thought dead, returns years later as a human cyborg (half man, half machine) and takes vengeance on those he feels wronged him, including President Grant.

Phantoms Review: I'm a huge fan of both westerns and science fiction/fantasy, so to me "The Wild Wild West" was the perfect blend of these different genre's. This episode, from the shows first season, is one of it's most outrageous and entertaining. The great character actor John Dehner plays"Iron Man" Torres out for blood, and our heroes Jim West and Artemus Gordon must stop him.Full of great fight scenes, humor and action. A Terrific episode from one of tv's classic shows.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• Got my "Pillars of the Sky" DVD from TCM today, ripped it open and slam dunked it into the player.
    One great copy - widescreen and remastered as good as can be for that format. Thank God I'll never have to see it panned and scanned again.
    Now I have four more from the collection to look forward to.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Ringo: Go to Google and type in "The Revolt at Fort Laramie dvd" there are several places offering this at $10.00 or so. Hope this helps. Big Jim

Thank you Jim--I sure will. Also, I NEED to get a copy of Pillars of the Sky. I havent looked for movies lately due to saving up for my new rifle ;-))

• Got my "Pillars of the Sky" DVD from TCM today, ripped it open and slam dunked it into the player.
    One great copy - widescreen and remastered as good as can be for that format. Thank God I'll never have to see it panned and scanned again.
    Now I have four more from the collection to look forward to.

We deal in lead, friend.

Speaking of--untill about a wekk or so ago-I had not known it was on DvD and through TCM. Im getting ti too soon as I recover from my latest spending spree.

• Saw another one from the TCM five pack -"Horizons West" - with Robert Ryan, Rock Hudson, James Arness and Dennis Weaver. Was surprised to see Marshall Dillon and Chester Goode in the same movie before Gunsmoke. They didn't even appear in a scene together.
    Anyway, it looked crisp and clean. Three more to go.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Sort of dislike following my own post, but just watched "Posse From Hell". This is one of Audie Murphy's best films, probably due to the script by Claire Huffaker, who was also responsible for "The Comancheros" and "Rio Conchos".
    Murph performs quite competently and it doesn't hurt the Vic Morrow, Lee Van Cleef, Rudy Acosta, Royal Dano and John Saxon all contribute salty performances.

We deal in lead, friend.