What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,442,533 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• A MAN ALONE 1955

Ray Milland
    WARD BOND He was 52 and looked good here, LOL.......always looks good to me.
    Raymond Burr
    LQ Jones
    And others you will recognize. A bit different than most of the Westerns. Found out I like Ray Milland after all. KEITH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• A MAN ALONE 1955

Ray Milland
    WARD BOND He was 52 and looked good here, LOL.......always looks good to me.
    Raymond Burr
    LQ Jones
    And others you will recognize. A bit different than most of the Westerns. Found out I like Ray Milland after all. KEITH

Another good Milland western is California with Barbara Stanwyck.

• Gunsmoke episode DRAGO, with Buddy Ebsen, and Ben Johnson. A bit like Big Jake-Buddy, and his dog, out for revenge and Ben leader of the bad guys.

Edited once, last by alamo221 ().

• Thanks WJ......I will hunt it up.
    Watched The Shootist and The Cowboys...........of all the two to pick to put together! Two of Duke's best movies in my estimation. Also love the music in both.

• Keith, if you weren't depressed before your double feature, you must be now.
    Since I've been binging on Have Gun Will Travel, I had a Richard Boone double header and watched A Thunder of Drums and Rio Conchos.
    Now if we both watch The Alamo I can see Boone again and you can see Duke bite the dust yet again.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Well, My Bill, although I cry a lot.......I am not really depressed. I saw Duke and a lot of others give a fantastic performance. And I DO love the music. I can about quote The Shootist!

I have watched ALL of HGWT about 3 times and some episodes a great deal more. One of my favorites is a two parter about Jody Town. You got to that yet? If Netflix still had it........I would STILL be watching it over.

Tonight I watched Mountain Men with Chuck Heston and Brian Keith again. Although there is a lot of comedy, it is the first movie about the AMM that I can say was pretty realistic. None have been better in my estimation. Damn they killed my Brian Keith off near the end........loved that guy! Hugs to all, KEITH

Keith, if you weren't depressed before your double feature, you must be now.
    Since I've been binging on Have Gun Will Travel, I had a Richard Boone double header and watched A Thunder of Drums and Rio Conchos.
    Now if we both watch The Alamo I can see Boone again and you can see Duke bite the dust yet again.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Well, My Keith, I'm sure you were smiling most of the way through "The Mountain Men". It's very uproarious and one of my favorites. Brian Keith's character is raucous, profane and lovable. The scenery is pretty magnificent as well and I wish it would be released in a widescreen format.
    TCM ran "Sergeant Rutledge" yesterday and I thought I'd watch the first few minutes but ended up for the whole shebang. I could pick up the horse stunts of Bad Chuck and Good Chuck easily. Good Chuck repeated that backwords flip off his horse that he did in "The Alamo" when he charged alone at Travis. Also a great performance by Woody Strode. Too bad Ford allowed overacting from some of his other stock company members.

We deal in lead, friend.

• "Hondo" (1953)
    -John Wayne, Geraldine Page

A cavalry scout helps a woman and her son defend their ranch

Phantoms Review: One of the best. Based on the novel by Louis L'amour ( which is a great read) this is one of Wayne's best movies. Plenty of action, great story, and terrific chemistry between the two lead actors. A classic.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• Showdown with Rock Hudson and Dean Martin, was a decent Western from the latter part of their careers, seeing ol Dino is always a treat though.

LOL Gareth, Dino used to say that Westerns were the easiest job he had. He said they sort of did themselves. I think I have Showdown but don't remember it. Have to look, thanks! KEITH And I agree with you there........seeing or hearing Dino in ANYTHING is a treat.......man that guy sure loved life and his fellow man.....can't leave off Golf......his favorite passion........was GOOD at it too.

• "Gunfight At The O.K. Corral" (1957)
    -Burt Lancaster, Kirk Douglas

Phantoms Review: Highly entertaining, if historically inaccurate retelling of the legendary gunfight. Plenty of action, and some fine acting from the entire cast. A really good movie, just don't write your history report from it :)

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town