What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,444,896 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Rooster Cogburn and the Lady with Duke and Katherine Hepburn. A fun movie with two great actors.

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• One of my favorite Duke movies, Gareth. As you probably know, he and Katherine planned to do another one called "Someday", as she mentioned that word in their relationship in the film. One of my favorite dialogues is still the ending of that movie: [last lines]
    Eula Goodnight:" Reuben, I have to say it. Livin' with you has been an adventure any woman would relish for the rest o' time. I look at cha, with your burned out face and your big belly and your bear-like paws and your shining eye, and I have to say you're a credit to the whole male sex, and I'm proud to have ya for my friend. " She whips her horse around and rides off to meet the Indian Boy.

Rooster Cogburn:" I'll be damned if she didn't get the last word in again. Well..."

It is strange that I find myself ending off a story or an email like that............sort of says it all. Well...................... KEITH

I think Rooster is really underatted, fun movie don't see the problem so many critics and non Duke fans seem to have with it. Wouldn't have minded another Cogburn movie even if Duke was getting older.

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• One of my favorites also, Kevin. Love it that Ward is Duke's "boss" in most of the movie. The hat throw was great.....still want to get someone who can read lips to tell us what Duke said to Ward.,boy was he mad! He said in later interviews that it hit right on his nipple and hurt like H..L. I WILL find someone who can read lips to tell us what he said to Ward. Too bad my Dad is gone.....he could have told us.

Watching the Searchers on TCM. My favorite John Wayne movie.

• "The Searchers"
    -John Wayne

Phantoms Review: Really nothing to say except The Greatest American Western Ever Made. A classic from start to finish. Excellent acting, direction, story.Just everything about it is damn near perfect.It doesn't get any better than this.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• I've been watching numerous episodes of "High Chaparral" over the past month or so. Kinda disappointed as they're not as great as I remembered. That was one of my favorite TV Westerns back in the Sixties.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Drums Ward Hank..jpg[quote='Hawkswill','http://dukewayne.com/bb/index.php?thread/&postID=133097#post133097']Drums along the Mohawk....Ford's 1939 great movie with lots of folks you know. Hank Fonda and Claudette Colbert........WARD was great in this.l One of my favorites. Pappy even lets his brother say some lines and be a hero! KEITH

Keep forgetting about the pics.......I WILL get them full size eventually!