What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,441,500 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi Tommy,

Haven't seen that Gunhill one........it is on my list now. Have had Chato's Land for a while from Peter, (Dooley), and have watched it lots......really enjoy it.
    Can't WAIT until you get your camera back. Would love a pic of the three framed for a page on one of my sites. I sold almost all the others for $50, so.......you didn't do badly there with your answers to the questions for free. I am selling the prints for $10.........made 100 of each of the ones I liked and have sold a goodly amount of them, plus I have done a lot of special order types. The guy LOVED all The SHOOTIST ones, but.......not allowed to put them on the site yet.......just the ones I had done earlier and posted here. If I don't talk to you soon. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours~! KEITH

Christmas tree a&#110.gif

Last night I watched Chato's Land a great movie with a star cast.

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Firecreek 1968 starring James Stewart, Henry Fonda, Inger Stevens and James Best, Dean Jagger, Jack Elam, Morgan Woodward. Five gunmen ride into a small town led by Fonda and start trouble and the only law is Stewart who is a farmer and a part time sheriff worth a look if you ever get the chance.

• The Twilight Zone: episode 72
    "The Grave"
    -Lee Marvin, Strother Martin, Lee Van Cleef, James Best
    Plot:
    Old west bounty hunter Conny Miller vists the grave of a gunman who he failed to track down to prove he was never afraid of him but gets more than he bargained for.

Phantoms Review: One of my all time favorite episodes of The Twilight Zone. Spooky, atmospheric and wonderfully acted. The cast is made up of some great western actors and the story is terrific.
    A bit of western movie trivia, Lee Marvin, Strother Martin and Lee Van Cleef teamed up again a few months later to costar in " The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance".

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• Firecreek 1968 starring James Stewart, Henry Fonda, Inger Stevens and James Best, Dean Jagger, Jack Elam, Morgan Woodward. Five gunmen ride into a small town led by Fonda and start trouble and the only law is Stewart who is a farmer and a part time sheriff worth a look if you ever get the chance.

Love this movie, really underatted Western, despite their age Stewart and Fonda are both great.

• AHA Gareth, been missing ya elsewhere, LOL! EXCUSE ME.......DESPITE THEIR AGE THEY ARE GREAT? BeCAUSE of their age THEY ARE GREAT! Just TRY to find actors like that now! OK, we are buddies........I will BOW to you IF you can find them! AHA..............I am ready.......who are they? If I seem a bit rushed it is because I am listening to OK......LAHOMA..............did you know JC Flippen and James Whitmore where in it.........besides my Gordon, LOL! Miss ya Kiddo. KEITH! Tommy, I LOVE THAT MOVIE! Thanks, KP

Love this movie, really underatted Western, despite their age Stewart and Fonda are both great.

• " Forty Guns" (1957)
    -Barbara Stanwyck, Barry Sullivan, Gene Barry

Plot:
    Powerful ranch owner Jessica Drummond, rules over Cochise County, Arizona with her hired guns.That is, until U.S Marshall Grif Bonnell and his brothers show up, ready to bring law and order back to town.

Phantoms Review: Well made " B" western. Plenty of action, decent plot, well acted and some nice cinematography. My only complaint about the film is the very ending. It just didn't seem right to me. Stanwyck's character seemed to change to much from the way the character seemed at the beginning of the film. Other than that it's an entertaining film.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• AHA Gareth, been missing ya elsewhere, LOL! EXCUSE ME.......DESPITE THEIR AGE THEY ARE GREAT? BeCAUSE of their age THEY ARE GREAT! Just TRY to find actors like that now! OK, we are buddies........I will BOW to you IF you can find them! AHA..............I am ready.......who are they? If I seem a bit rushed it is because I am listening to OK......LAHOMA..............did you know JC Flippen and James Whitmore where in it.........besides my Gordon, LOL! Miss ya Kiddo. KEITH! Tommy, I LOVE THAT MOVIE! Thanks, KP

no James Whitmore, you may be thinking of Ed Begley. Great performances all around tho-

• Haha I don't mind their age it's just critics got pretty Hard on the likes of Duke, Jimmy and Hank as they got older and wanted them to hang it up leading to some very good films being overlooked. I'm always about on facebook Keith, follow all your posts in the Sinatra group and such saw that nice picture of Barbara McNair and Elvis you posted yesterday! I'm always around just sometimes don't have alot to say, always learning though!

• Hi there Alamo! Happy New Year!

Think maybe you are thinking of a different Oklahoma? I KNEW James Whitmore was in it, but I looked it up to see if Ed Begley Sr. or Jr. were in it..........couldn't find them. Might be there, but they don't show up in cast and crew. James played Andrew Carnes......believe this is him. James Whitmore Ok.jpgJames Whitmore Ja&.jpgHAH, I don't have a very clear copy to take this from, but this in in the very last scene where they all sing Oklahomal James and JC, just happen to be standing together on the porch. Sorry it is blurry, but you should be able to recognize them.

This is the casting call for his character..........looks as if they found the right one for the part, LOL:
    Andrew Carnes: (Supporting) Strong character actor-singer, must move well. Baritone-tenor (F to high F). Dry humor, big presence, able to be intimidating. Described in script as a “scrappy little man.” Non-Equity male actor-singer who moves well.

After meeting Gordon for the first time.......I must have watched this movie and played the album he autographed to me a hundred times, LOL!

Learn something new every day! Have a good one, KEITH

QUOTE=alamo221;133463]no James Whitmore, you may be thinking of Ed Begley. Great performances all around tho-[/QUOTE]

• vHon d and W Ill &#1.jpgDidn't Mark put you in the Legendary Male and Female Singers, Kiddo? That is HIS group and he is the only Admin. You knew he is a good friend of Tony Bennett didn't you? Also an authority on antiques. He loves it when you and I get a long conversation going. I think we had a record on the Fan Club one, LOL!

I watched Hondo for a bit last night to capture some clips I needed for an article. Boy, that Blue Ray copy makes you feel like you can just walk right into the scene! One thing I needed was Terry Wilson doubling for Duke in the knife fight. Wish I could post it, but it won't take my clips......only ones from Youtube. Facebook takes them though. At least it will take the stills.....here is one where Buff is welcoming Hondo to the fort and says he will take care of his horse so he can "hit the hay", LOL. CYA, KEITH

Haha I don't mind their age it's just critics got pretty Hard on the likes of Duke, Jimmy and Hank as they got older and wanted them to hang it up leading to some very good films being overlooked. I'm always about on facebook Keith, follow all your posts in the Sinatra group and such saw that nice picture of Barbara McNair and Elvis you posted yesterday! I'm always around just sometimes don't have alot to say, always learning though!