What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,427,842 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• 3.10 to Yuma with - the new one - great western
    Warlock - good but not great
    Horse Soldiers - Duke dont shoot the whole movie !!

[CENTER][/CENTER]

• 'Forsaken' (2016)
    -Kiefer Sutherland, Donald Sutherland, Demi Moore

Phantom's Review :
    This is a terrific film. Yes, the plot is unoriginal and full of cliches. Yes, you know exactly what's going to happen, but that's ok. The film is so beautifully filmed and wonderfully acted that the plot works well. Donald Sutherland is a joy to watch as the bitter Pastor who's gunslinging son has returned home after ten years away. Kiefer Sutherland also does a great job as the gunfighter son. Demi Moore appears as Kiefers former love, who has moved on with life but still carries a torch for Kiefer. The end of the film is action packed and bittersweet. I loved this movie. See it if you can.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• Ok. I'm going to post this here, figure it will get more visibility.

Tomorrow night, Friday the 4th, the MGM HD channel will be showing The Alamo(1960) at 10pm. They had an ad for it last night and even though the movie itself has not been done in HD, the scenes they showed looked very crisp and clear. I know if you play the dvd on a Blu-ray player, it up converts the picture giving it a higher def look. Might give everyone who watches the chance to see what it might look like if they ever did a Blu-ray version of it.

• Sad to admit this but it's been so long since I've watched a Western that I can't remember the last one I watched.

Sent from my MOTO X using Forum Runner

Know what you mean, Kevin. For many months I haven't watched any movies at all. Been mostly reading because a friend recommended an author named Sandra Brown who writes fairly good mystery stories but she is obsessed with sex. Which I just don't understand because she is one fine-looking gal who wouldn't have a bit of problems attracting a man.

Anyway, about a week ago I decided to watch a good Western so I watched "Shane". I've always liked that movie except that kid gets on my nerves. lol

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Know what you mean, Kevin. For many months I haven't watched any movies at all. Been mostly reading because a friend recommended an author named Sandra Brown who writes fairly good mystery stories but she is obsessed with sex. Which I just don't understand because she is one fine-looking gal who wouldn't have a bit of problems attracting a man.

Anyway, about a week ago I decided to watch a good Western so I watched "Shane". I've always liked that movie except that kid gets on my nerves. lol

Finally someone has the guts to say that the kid is annoying. Sort of made this movie mediocre for me.

• Well, a day or so ago I again watched "River of No Return" with Mitchum and Monroe. I still like the movie, though I always thought Marilyn wasn't the world's best actress. She was beautiful, and sexy, but not a very good actress. Of course, old Robert Mitchum was a very good actor.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• This morning I watched back-to-back classic westerns on TCM! First Duke's Fort Apache, followed by one of my favorite movies: Escape From Fort Bravo. It was the first time I'd ever scene Fort Apache (the first of the big cavalry trilogy) . I must say.. I didn't LOVE it. I've read many people's reviews citing this as the best of the three, I didn't exactly feel that way. Though I haven't seen She Wore a Yellow Ribbon, I have seen Rio Grande and I LOVED that one. This one was a bit blah in my opinion. Primarily so because the top-billed Wayne was barely in it! It was mostly focused on the characters of Henry Fonda, John Agar, and Shirley Temple. Still, it was an ok western- a nice prequel to one of my all-time favs! :D

Nice way to start the afternoon!
    Tomorrow will be saddle-up-sunday on local station, INSP, and there are typically a few western movies then too! Tomorrow they'll be playing McLintock! :D Yay!

• "Chato's Land" - a rather violent western, but good. Chato kills a red-necked sheriff in self defense, is chased by a posse consisting of ranchers and farmers. But he turns the tables on them in harsh territory.

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• I also watched "The Big Country" recently and enjoyed it. Gregory Peck,Charlton Heston and Jean Simmons.
    Very good movie.

"A people that values their Privileges above it's Principles. Soon looses both." Dwight Eisenhower

• "The Way West" - a western that could have been better because it tends to have a lot of boring sections. Stars Kirk Douglas, Robert Mitchum and Richard Widmark. About a wagon train going from Independence, MO to Oregon.

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

Edited once, last by Jay J. Foraker ().