What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,444,954 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• You are both correct on what is the west. But, I think when most people think of a western or out west. They think of cacti, desert, horses, cavalry, indians, ect......

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Hi Hondo and Keith,
    thank you for answering my question. I read about history of Demopolis with great interest, it was all new for me and it is very much like the storyline in The Fighting Kentuckian. For me this movie is certainly a western, because of the plot and other western features. I never thought that western can be only in West States, and others are adventure films.
    Regards,
    Senta

By the way yesterday I'm with great pleasure watched The Searchers (for countless time). Wanted to show it to my mother (she watched it for the first time).

• I agree that a Western doesn't have to take place in the Western States rather, they have to be about the American Fronter. Hence, Last of the Mohegins and Drums Along the Mohawk take place in upper New York State of the 1770 then that was the frontier, and are there for Westerns. North to Alaska takes place in the 1900 when Alaska was the fronter is in their fore also a western.

John Bernard Books (The Shootist):
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."

• Really enjoyed all your opinions about The Fighting Kentuckian and gave me a good explanation of what a western is. I guess Allegheny Uprising could be considered a western as well even though it is in Pennsylvania somewhere around the Pittsburgh area. :P

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Tom Horn (1980), starring the late..great KING OF COOL Steve McQueen.

Amazing film, i believe his last. 8.5/10

-IHW

• Don't know if you can really classify this as a Western but, I watched the Phantom Empire Serial which had Gene Autry being captured by the Thunder Riders from the Kingdom of Murania.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Watched part of Two Mules For Sister Sara, yesterday. Interesting Clint Eastwood vehicle and even more interesting is that I actually liked this Western.

• Rooster Cogburn (...and the Lady)

I forgot a lot of the movie especially the beginning part of it. It was good to see it again, the first time on DVD. I also read the production notes of the movie, and that was interesting. I didn't know some were trying to put another Duke & Hepburn movie together. Good to see this again, even though it's not my favorite one.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I watched NORTH TO ALASKA last night. It was a good funny movie. I did find the Cartoonish sound effects a bit much though.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."

Originally posted by ZACK613@Dec 12 2005, 01:23 PM
    I watched NORTH TO ALASKA last night. It was a good funny movie. I did find the Cartoonish sound effects a bit much though.

[snapback]23810[/snapback]

I like NTA and especially as Mickey Shaunessey (SP?) is in it. That guy is a laugh a minute no matter what movie he is in. I dislike admitting this but, i'm about all-Westerned-out for now. I think I need a good War or Detective movie to watch.

Hmmm--Dirty Harry sounds in order.

PS, this is just a good excuse for me to post one of my favorite Dirty Harry lines:

"Look!..I'm coming down in five minutes and you better have those files open you pencil-pushing son-of-a-b****!"

• Tombstone (again)
    The Magnificent Seven (again)

I know there are hundreds of other westerns to watch, but whenever these films play on TV, I just got to watch them.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

Originally posted by thesherrif@Dec 14 2005, 09:51 AM
    Hi
    I watched
    the good the bad and the ugly the other night!! :newyear:

[snapback]23899[/snapback]

I know John Wayne like Clint Eastwood and considered him his successor. Anyone know what he thought about the MAN WITH NO NAME Trilogy?

Originally posted by ZACK613@Dec 14 2005, 10:08 PM
    I know John Wayne like Clint Eastwood and considered him his successor. Anyone know what he thought about the MAN WITH NO NAME Trilogy?

[snapback]23906[/snapback]

I always thought that he didn't like him and his type of western. I have heard (don't remember were that he turned down Eastwood suggestion to participate in some of his films).
    But I'm not sure.
    Regards,
    Senta

• I seem to rememeber something like what Senta said about The Duke not caring anything for those spaghetti westerns. I have no clue where I heard that at but I do remember hearing something to the effect. If it is true--I never cared much for those type westerns either.