What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,442,574 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• It was the authorized version, formatted for 4:3 TV's.

I just watched Two Mules for Sister Sara . Got to love Clint.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

Originally posted by SXViper@Jan 2 2006, 11:30 AM
    It was the authorized version, formatted for 4:3 TV's.

I just watched Two Mules for Sister Sara . Got to love Clint.

[snapback]24809[/snapback]

But the question was really for Kevin, who watched it on the Hallmark Channel.

Did they play the "authorized" version? Since it is readily available, it would make sense that they would, but I was curious to know for sure. Or maybe you also watched it on the Hallmark Channel, and are answering with the authority of one who has actually done it.

Chester :newyear:

• Yup Chester, I watched it on Halmark Channel at the same time. No crappy video like in the Goodtimes version. I made the mistake of buying that a couple years ago, so I can tell when I see the "good" version and not the "badtimes" version.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• I'm with ya on this one Phantom! WestWorld is one of my very favorite. But, I'm into Sci-Fi too. ;)

• Chester,

It looked better than the Goodtime version, so it must have not been.

• No Westerns for me yesterday but tonight I will be starting these"

Blue Steel.
    The Dawn Rider.
    Lawless Range.
    The Lucky Texan.
    The Man From Utah.
    Texas Terror.
    The Star Packer.
    Rainbow Valley.
    The Desert Trail.
    Riders of Destiny.
    Randy Rides Alone.
    The Trail Beyond.
    West of the Divide.
    Winds of the Wasteland.
    Paradise Canyon.

:D:):newyear::jump::cowboy:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Hey Carl,

That's pretty good. How do you keep up with all these movies? I mean how do you watch a piece of a movie and able to understand the story without seeing the ending? ;)

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Watch all of those from beginning to end, and then see if you can remember which one was which! They all seem quite the same, unless you have an exceptional mind (which you might very well have :D ) - they tend to all blend together by the end.

But it's like having a big potluck dinner - you don't remember all that you ate, but you do know that you are full and happy. :lol:

Chester :newyear:

• Hi Hondo--tis simple. Watch them one at a time--then take a short break and then play another :D If all else fails though, i'll go back to the other copies of these that I have. :stunned::cowboy:

• Thanks for the compliment but I will forget what happened in the last one by the time I get to the next one. Quite correct and I agree with you--they are all about the same--with the Singin' Sandy one being the exception.

Oh and I almost forgot, being released on DvD this month are a few 3 Mesquiteers movies with John Wayne as Stoney Brooke and several other 3 Mesquiteers w/o The Duke.

And if your a fan of these, there are several Tom Tyler movies also being released. Others of interest are several from the "Range Busters" series of movies as weall as several from the "Durango Kid" series.

Of note, several titles are being released with Buster Crabbe in them. I think his sidekicks were Al St. John and maybe George "Gabby" Hayes.

Others I am looking at possibly getting are several w/ Hoot Gibson in them. A few w/ Charles Starrette, Lash LaRue, Johnny Mack Brown, Bob Livingston, Jack Hoxie etc, are also being released this month.

• Now, now Carl,

I was just having fun with you. :D I bet you'll be watching for a long time, though the movies are short. This should take you around 15 hours to get in all those movies. ;)

Happy Watching.:P

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Hey Everyone, I recently watched Red River for the tenth time. It has to be one of my favorite Wayne pictures because of its many layers. I also watched the Mark of Zorro (Tyrone Power) and the new Zorro picture in the theater. I liked Banderas new Zorro better than the first Banderas Zorro. It was more lighthearted

• Well, since this thread is still rolling.

I have just watched Winchester '73, with Jimmy Stewart, and Shelley Winters. Anyways, it had been a very long time since I watched it, I must say I might have to get that on DVD soon. I was sucked into it and sat there and watched the whole thing.

• Hi Hondo--I knew you were B) I was just being a clown about it. :D

BTW, I did start watching them last night but a neighbor came over and wanted to watch "Garden's Of Stone" and said he'd pay a small fee. I told him that I was busy watching The Duke and said he'd have to come back later. My neighbor made an offer that I could not refuse. Thyest neighbor had brought along two fresh Pizzas for us to feast on. Well, to make a long story short--The Duke was retired for the night, Garden's Of Stone went in, we gave it our best shot; ate most of the pizza. So I will resume watching The Duke tonight. :)

• Oh and if interested, here's a list of some of those obscure "other Westerns" that are coming out this month.

Along Came Jones w/ Gary Cooper und Wilhelm Demarrest.
    Battling Marshal.
    Big Boy Rides Again w/ Gwinn "Big Boy" Williams.
    Blazing Across the Pecos w/ Chas Starrett.
    Bonanza Town w/ Chas Starrett as The Durango Kid.
    Boot Hill Bandits which is one of the Range Busters movies.
    Breed of the Border w/ Bob Steele.
    Bulldog Courage w/ Tim McCoy.
    Bullets & Saddles w/ The Range Busters.
    Cattle Stampede w/ Buster Crabbe. (One I really wanna see.)
    Deadwood Pass w/ Tom Tyler (aka) Luke Plummer from Stagecoach. Great outlaw.
    Desert Patrol w/ Bob Steele.
    Desert Phantom w/ Johnny Mack Brown.
    Distand Drums w/ Gary Cooper. (One I aint seen in a long time.)
    Doomed At Sundown w/ Bob Steele.
    Down Texas Way w/ Buck Jones & Tim McCoy.
    Forbidden Trails w/ Buck Jones and The Rough Riders.
    Fugitive Valley w/ Ray "Crash" Corrigan and the Range Busters.
    Gangster's Den w/ Buster Crabbe. (Another I greatly look forward to watching.)
    Ghost Patrol w/ Tim McCoy.
    Ghost Town Gold (One of the non-John Wayne 3 Mesquiteers movies.)
    Gunsmoke Ranch (another non-John Wayne 3 Mesquitters movie.)
    Heart of the Rockies (still another non-J.W. 3 Mesquiteers movie.)
    Hit the Saddle/Call of the Mesquiteers Dbl Feature.
    Kansas Pacific w/ Sterling Hayden.
    Law of the Lash w/ Lash LaRue.
    Marked Trails w/ Bob Steele.
    Oklahoma Frontier w/ Johnny Mack Brown.
    Phantom of the Range w/ Tom Tyler.
    Purple Vigilantes (Yet another non Duke 3 Mesquiteers movie.)
    Riders of the Whistling Skull ('Nother non Duke 3 Mesquiteers movie.)
    Ridin' On w/ Tom Tyler.
    Riding Avenger w/ Hoot Gibson (one i'm lookin forward to seeing.)
    Rio Rattler w/ Tom Tyler.
    Rock River Renegades/Trail Riders Dbl Feature w/ The Rough Riders.
    Rough Riders Triple Feature #1.
    #2.
    #3.
    Santa Fe Stampede (A John Wayne 3 Mesquiteers & lookin forward to seeing.)
    Stampede w/ Chas Starrett.
    Sunset Range w/ Hoot Gibson (Greatly looking forward to seeing.)
    Terror in a Texas Town w/ Sterling Hayden.
    Texas Cyclone w/ Tim McCoy.
    The Feud Maker w/ Bob Steele.
    The Law Rides Again w/ Ken Maynard & Hoot Gibson.
    Wild Horse w/ Hoot Gibson.
    Wild Horse Phantom w/ Larry "Buster" Crabbe. (Another looking forward to seeing.