What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,442,165 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• The last six westerns were
    Hondo Last night
    Open Range Best of the newer westerns
    Ride Lonesome My favourite Randolph Scott western
    The Horse Soldiers Great cival war movie
    Tall in the Saddle One of the best
    Day of the Badman With Fred MacMuray

• I guess this was kind of a western. I saw Gone With The Wind on Turner Classic Movies (TMC) and did you know that Ward Bond was in this movie?

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• "Streets Of Laredo" (1949)
    - William Holden

Average "B" western about three good natured outlaws who, when they become seperated,two of them end becoming Texas Rangers and they end up hunting down their friend who is still an outlaw.
    Nothing great. just average.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• Well I don't know if it's a western or not, but Arizona comes on Monday morning on TCM so if it is a western, then that'll be my next one. Already got the DVR set.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Just finished watching Tombstone. I had forgotten just how much I enjoyed this movie.

Tombstone, awesome movie!!

I just started the 1st disc of the "Broken Trail" series last night, that was on AMC last fall. I picked it up at Best Buy for $8.99. It is a enjoyable western.

I have to work tonight so no movies tonight.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Very well made movie. Watched the second disc this morning. It is actually a true story in parts of the movie.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• "Return Of The 7"

Adequate sequel to the film classic. Nowhere near as good as the first, but it was nice to see Yul Brynner back as "Chris". I didn't like Robert Fuller's version of "Vin" (Steve McQueen in the original) but that has more to do with the way the script was written than his acting. Some good action scenes, but nothing memorable.

• This morning I took my wife and brother to breakfast at Cracker Barrel. After eating, we decided to browse through the retail store. Imagine my delight upon discovering a DVD with three episodes of the old TV series "Maverick", starring James Garner, which was one of my favorites many years ago. Naturally, I bought it and that's what I'll be watching tonight.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• "Desolation Canyon" (2006)
    -Patrick Duffy, Stacy Keach

Made for cable TV movie. Story about two retired outlaws, one of them (Duffy) has become a town sheriff, the other (Keach) is just living the good life with a lovely mexican wife. but problems arise when a gang of outlaws rob the town bank and kidnap Keach's grandson so the two old friends team up to hunt them down.

A decent film. Nothing very original,just a fun movie to watch

• This morning I took my wife and brother to breakfast at Cracker Barrel. After eating, we decided to browse through the retail store. Imagine my delight upon discovering a DVD with three episodes of the old TV series "Maverick", starring James Garner, which was one of my favorites many years ago. Naturally, I bought it and that's what I'll be watching tonight.

Hi Stumpy,

I agree Maverick was great, Assume it is the same as i have - episodes Shady Deal at Sunny Acres, Pappy and Gun-Shy. Did you know that on the 2 DVD set of Unforgiven there is another episode of Maverick,with a very young Clint Eastwood as a guest star, episode is Dual at Sundown.

All the best,
    Chris.

• "Valdez is Coming," something of a sleeper with Burt Lancaster made in 1971. Fair western with the big screen debuts of Richard Jordan and Jon Cypher.
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

I always liked Jordan - too bad he died so young. Never heard of Cypher.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• I always liked Jordan - too bad he died so young. Never heard of Cypher.

He was in "Major Dad" with Gerald McRaney. He played the general. He has also been in several episodes of "Law and Order." I think he stays primarily with stage work.
    Jordan was a good actor. I particularly liked his role in "The Hunt for Red October."

"Not hardly!!!"