What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,441,498 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

- I'm sure you have "Scaramouche", which is my favorite film of his.

Great Stewart Granger movie!

I would not call that a western too... But it is about my hometown Vienna, when the four in a jeep patroled through the city short after WWII. We see Paul Hörbiger in this movie, who was a very famous Austrian actor and had done many funny movies! The music was composed by Anton Karas, who played music at the "Heurigen". "Heurigen" are very typical places in Vienna, where You can drink fresh wine of the year (You can translate "Heurigen" too "from this year") and can eat small snacks. Very often they have music there, like the one played by Karas in the movie.

But now back from good old Europe to Western! I watched Kirk Douglas yesterday in Man without a Star on TV!

"Never apologize. It´s a sign of weakness."

• Watched The Last Days of Frank & Jesse James last night starring: Johnny, Willie, and Kris. Not too historically accurate, but a pretty entertaining movie.

Just finished watching Death Rides a Horse with Lee Van Cleef and John Phillip Law. You can't go wrong with LVC!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Monseur, you are a LuLu!" (The Comancheros)

• "Rio Conchos" (1964)
    -Richard Boone, Stuart Whitman, Jim Brown

Plot: IMDB: Two Army officers, an alcoholic ex-Confederate soldier and a womanizing Mexican travel to Mexico on a secret mission to prevent a megalomaniacal ex-Confederate colonel from selling a cache of stolen rifles to a band of murderous Apaches.

Phantom's Review: I enjoyed this film a great deal. Good acting, good story and plenty of action. My only compliant is the ending is a bit vague. Your not quite sure what happens to a couple of the main characters. Other than that, it's a fine movie.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• Watched Big Jake In my opinion the Dude with the Machete is up there with Bruce Dern for hated bad guys in JW movies.

Greetings from North of the 49th

• Louis L'Amour's "The Sacketts"

A two part mini-series from 1979, and one of my favorites. It's Tom Selleck's first of six Westerns, and also stars Sam Elliot, and Glenn Ford, in one of his best roles, and Ben Johnson, in one of four of my favorite roles of his career (the others are "Rio Grande", "Wagon Master" and as Pepper in "Chisum")

It may be a made for TV movie, but it's one of the best of the 70's, and one of the best Louis L'Amour film adaptations ...in my opinion of course!

• Last week I watched...

Support Your Local Sheirf
    Rio Bravo
    McClintock
    American Outlaws

[COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="2"]"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life..." ~John Wayne~[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

• I watched Fort Apache, Rio Bravo, and Chisum all on AMC. What a great day for Duke!

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• The Searchers
    One of the best Westerns ever!:box:

"You're too good to give a chance to." John Wayne as Cole Thornton in El Dorado (1966)