What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,445,014 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Been watching Wagon Train on TWC. Missed these on the original run and have been enjoying them quite a bit. Ward Bond was perfect as always-wish he had lived thru the entire run of the series.

• You know, for years I've been reading comments by Western lovers about how much they liked the Selleck-Elliot film "The Sacketts". I watched it a few days ago for the first time and wasn't all that impressed.

Really? How come?

[COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="2"]"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life..." ~John Wayne~[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

• Seven Men from Now with Randolph Scott Lee Marvin & Gail Russell. Interesting western as it was Batjac and there was some talk of Duke starring in film but couldnt because of other commitments.

The True Story of Jesse James Robert Wagner & Jeffrey Hunter. Choppy western which is a remake of 1940 classic with Tyrone Power & Henry Fonda. It settles down after the first 10 minutes and there is enough action for fans as the James story is retold. Interesting to see John Carradine who featured as Bob Ford in the original movie as the Preacher and Alan Hale of Casey Jones fame as Cole Younger.

• The Cherokee Kid. HBO movie 2004
    Very interesting cast. Sinbad, James Colburn, A Martinez,Gregory Hines & Burt Reynolds. Fun TV western a lot of shoot outs.

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• Lone Star Trail.1943. Johnny Mack Brown, Tex Ritter and a young Robert Mitchum as one of the bad guys. Nothing special.
    Next up She Wore A yellow Ribbon. now thats special.

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• dead man with johnny depp.could'nt get into the film,turned it off after 10mins into it.could not take johnny depp in a western.

• Caught most of a good Western this morning, I dont know what it was called? but was on TCM and it starred: Glen Ford, Gwinn "Big Boy" Williams and I THINK Claire Trevor? Whatever it was called? it was a good Western.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Caught most of a good Western this morning, I dont know what it was called? but was on TCM and it starred: Glen Ford, Gwinn "Big Boy" Williams and I THINK Claire Trevor? Whatever it was called? it was a good Western.

the name of the western is desperadoes also with randolph scott.

• The Big Country with Gregory Peck, Charleton Heston, and Jean Simmons. Can't believe I've never seen it before, and the music is great!

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote