JWMB Feature - Member Map, Members Gallery

There are 57 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 26,391 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Originally posted by chester7777@Jan 4 2006, 01:49 AM
    I don't think the member map requires any downloading, but I could be wrong.

Chester :newyear:

[snapback]24948[/snapback]

Thanks Chester.

It might just be that the library computers are blocked from doing such things? Now that i'm back using the Museum's computer--now maybe "we'll" see some action. I'm going to try it now as a matter of fact. :rolleyes:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Tried it just now and here is what I got.

Corpus Christi is located at these numbers:

27.43 Lat and -97.23 Long
    27.73 Lat and -97.386 Long

Where my place of residence is, is at these numbers:

27.43 Lat and -97.22 Long
    27.728 Lat and -97.379 Long.

Best regards--C.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• hi

have just tried again to pull up the map to look at it and am still getting error on page can some one sort this out or is this at my end looks like i will be in the dark for some time.

hooroo smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• One thing I discovered was that on the top of the site is a list of options which includes "Member Map". When I point and click it takes me to that page and the map appears (I might add that it onlys gives me a little strip, but it does work). Before, I tried to point and click under Kevin's sites under his name and it would open a new window and no map. For a while I couldn't understand why this was happening, but when I found the member map on top it worked fine.

So you might go to the top instead of Kevin's list.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• hi kevin

just tried again but still getting the same thing. i use internet explorer is this what could be the problem. it just wont let me see the map at all, would like to see where everyone is in this big world we live in :D .

hooroo smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• I tried the member map, but it's too much for my connection, I can see a few pins but at 230k/sec trying to move around the map is a no go...

You can roll a turd in powdered sugar but that doesn’t make it a doughnut.

• Well I got my coordinates and input them and went to the map and saw a large empty box with no map in it. I am sure I'm doing something worng, but I don't have a clue what it is. Any suggestions?
    Colorado Bob

p.s.: I like the new graphics. I leave you guys alone for a few days and look what you do! Pretty Cool!

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• Well, I did it and I am now where I'm supposed to be, and not in China anymore. It's amazing how things work when I stop and read the directions.
    Colorado Bob

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

Originally posted by Moonshine_Sally@Jan 15 2006, 05:12 PM
    Is it normal that that map is so small?I can't seem to get it any bigger.I got myself at the correct place though so that's quite something :P

[snapback]25379[/snapback]

:rolleyes:

• Now that I've finally figured out how to use it, smokey and I are very close, except I'm just a little bit NW of where she is

The youngest member of the JWMB! And proud Cowgirl!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• I noticed that our member map has grown static. There are still a number of JWMB members that have not signed in on their location. Just thought I'd bring this to the front to get a little activity going!
    Cheers - Jay :D

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Jay,

You are right! I see that Keith and Robbie haven't signed up, nor has Ringo!

ZSMaverick needs that little minus sign in front of his latitude and that will bring him back into the US instead of the middle of China :D .

Thanks, Jay, for bumping this back to the top.

And all you JWMB members who haven't gotten yourselves on the Member Map - get to it! We want to see you there!

Chester :newyear:

• Another bump to the top - I was looking at the member map and see that some more members have placed their coordinates there. There are still a lot of you hiding out there - most notably our Canadian members (and ZSMaverick is still hiding out in China). It took me (an admittedly computer ignorant person :wacko: ) just a few minutes to figure out how to place my location on the map, so it's not that hard. :blink:
    Cheers - Jay :D

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"