JWMB Feature - Member Map, Members Gallery

There are 57 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 26,398 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• The above post is copied from Board News and Announcements.

I got us logged in on the map, and it is pretty cool!

There is a secondary site you have to go to, to get your latitude and longitute coordinates (and make sure you use the decimal coordinates and not the one with the degrees), but it was pretty easy to use.

I look forward to seeing more red marks on the map to see where y'all are around the world!

Chester :newyear:

• I tried it and now I see that there are three of us on the map. I hope more people will do it!

:)

clancy

• OK folks - I'm going to show my ignorance. I went to the site, but could not find anything that would give me decimal coordinates for my location. Need help!
    Cheers - Jay :huh:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Jay,

When you click "My Location" and it asks for coordinates, you can go to

Maporama (it should open in a new window)

and put in your city and zip code and then it will give you longitude and latitude coordinates (in a box to the lower left, labeled Information), which you can copy and paste into the "My Location" blanks.

I hope this helps!

Mrs. C :angel1:

• Hi Jim & Sue

Thanks for working out the co-ordinates I'm either on the map or there is someone else lives very close to portsmouth that I don't know about. It really is very clever.

Thanks again

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• I don't know how it is for everybody else, but when I click on Member Map (BTW, I right click and in the drop down menu, I choose Open in New Window), it opens to a squished looking map of the United States.

Below the map, if you click on the word "Larger" a few times, and then use the zoom tool on the left, you will see all the little red flags as the map zooms out to encompass all the continents. When you click on each one, it pops up with a little box with the member's name in it!

So I can see that Arthur and Vera (Senta) have both made their mark on the world of Duke fans! And so have Kevin, clancy, Hondo, Jay J. Foraker, ejgreen77, dukefan1, Chilibill (William T Brooks), and ourselves!

I hope our friends all around the world will take the time to put themselves on the map.

GREAT, fun feature, Kevin! Thanks for adding it!

Mrs. C :angel1:

• The map is pretty neat. But, in the famous words of Maxwell Smart, "Missed by that much!" It did peg me living in New Jersey, but that's close enough to my native Maryland. :P
    Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• hi mrs c

just tried to pull up the map but it wouldn't come up so what id i do wrong followed your guide lines to a tee. if you can help the it would be a great help

hooroo smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

Originally posted by gunclick rick@Dec 30 2005, 12:53 PM
    Maybe it should be REmember map,no workey for chinee eeder,plong mi chi noey hi mang da choey$#^&%^&%(^!!!! :uhuh2:

[snapback]24638[/snapback]

Err Yeah, no idea what is going on here!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne