There are 168 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 219,037 times. The latest Post () was by Nathan.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Thanks Ethan and you are also welcome for my help. Also you are welcome for my straightening out the bit for Tennessee. Keith

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• I write an article on the anniversary of Ward Bond's death, November 5, 1960, every year. This time, I was asked by Speakeasy to write one to go along with her super biography of Ward, (if you haven't read it, please do...it is the best I have read). It is not meant to be anything other than a little something that most folks didn't know about him and to always convey the special relationship that Ward, Duke and Pappy had. If you care to read it, you will find it at the link below. Would love a comment here, but if you could put on on Speakeasy also, it will help me to get more article requests by other bloggers.
    Anyway, here is a little something about "my guy"....the one who brought me to appreciate Duke as much as I do now. HAGO, KEITH

http://hqofk.wordpress.com/2012/11/05/wagon-master/

• Great article! Thanks, Keith! By sheer coincidence, that picture at the top of the article is the same one I'm using right now as the banner photo on my Ben Johnson page. ;)

• Great article! Thanks, Keith! By sheer coincidence, that picture at the top of the article is the same one I'm using right now as the banner photo on my Ben Johnson page. ;)

I know, Paula...here I was trying my best to find out how I could use it from you when Katrina told me she had found a good one, LOL.....they were the same.
    Did you reply ON the Speakeasy site where the article was....if so, it didn't show up? Trying to get everyone to say something just to help to increase requests for my articles....I know a lot of folks have seen it.........wonder if Katrina has to approve them or something......anyway, let me know if you put something on the site, please. Did you see Steele mired up......it really was some kind of muck they were in.
    Thanks, Keith

I know, Paula...here I was trying my best to find out how I could use it from you when Katrina told me she had found a good one, LOL.....they were the same.

Everyone on my website is available for downloading, Keith -- just sign in and download away. There are thousands of screencaps from Wagon Master too -- all without the annoying black bars. Feel free to use anything you find there, or if you can't find it, just e-mail me.

Did you reply ON the Speakeasy site where the article was....if so, it didn't show up? Trying to get everyone to say something just to help to increase requests for my articles....I know a lot of folks have seen it.........wonder if Katrina has to approve them or something......anyway, let me know if you put something on the site, please. Did you see Steele mired up......it really was some kind of muck they were in.
    Thanks, Keith

No, I haven't commented on the Speakeasy website, sorry... yes, poor Steel. It sure must have been muddy around that riverbank!

• WOW, I have found two TV episodes that Ward was in. One, much to Paula's delight, has Ben Johnson starring with him, (she had known about it, of course). I have spoken to the author of the book and he is in negotiations with the person who has all episodes on 16mm. He hopes to have them on DVD in a few months. They both sound like excellent vehicles for Ward and were done in the mid '50s. Ya just never know until you try!

Also, found out that Gibbons' biographer is sending me some behind the scenes photos of Gibbons with Frankie, Sammy, and Dino who were performing for the Dismas House benefit in St. Louis. They will be used in his book, but I am hoping he will let me post them here! I keep getting these "Wows" lately......hope it keeps up. Still have two people I really want to find before I start putting MY GIBBONS together. KEITH

• Article back on page 4 of this thread states that Ward Bond was born in Denver, Colorado. Not true. He was born in Benkelman, Nebraska.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• Article back on page 4 of this thread states that Ward Bond was born in Denver, Colorado. Not true. He was born in Benkelman, Nebraska.

Well spotted Bob,
    As posted in our opening post it does indeed say

Date of birth
    9 April 1903
    Benkelman, Nebraska, USA

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Ward was a very underrated actor.

Sure was May 2, and this new book focuses on Ward. In case you didn't see it, is is Three Bad Men John Ford John Wayne Ward Bond. It is on Facebook under that name and the author Scott who is quite the scholar and has written something like 18 books , would love to have you comment there....he usually answers pretty quickly. It comes out in April, hopefully in time for Ward's and My birthdays, LOL! The are accepting orders now. KEITH