There are 168 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 219,307 times. The latest Post () was by Nathan.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Got swamped and have missed posting some nice lobby cards, etc. Will try to post Scott's comments on them.....might get stuck with some of MY comments, also, LOL. KEITH

William Wyler's classic DEAD END (1937) is famous for several things: introducing the "DEAD END" KIDS into popular culture, giving HUMPHREY BOGART his first decent role since "The Petrified Forest," and featuring WARD BOND as the Doorman! Here he is, in all his glory, with Sylvia Sidney, Joel McCrea and James Burke.

Original still from RKO-Radio's TALL IN THE SADDLE (1944) with THE DUKE and THE JUDGE, aka John Wayne and Ward Bond! Where was JOHN FORD? At a little place called Omaha Beach in Normandy, filming D-DAY....Scott People always talk about how large Duke's hands were. Well, his best friend Ward's were about the same......take a look, KEITH

FORD? At a little place called Omaha Beach in Normandy, filming D-DAY!

Original still for WAKE OF THE RED WITCH (1949): JOHN WAYNE and DENNIS HOEY, father of MICHAEL A. HOEY, who was assistant editor on Ford's SERGEANT RUTLEDGE and wrote the foreword for THREE BAD MEN. The book will be available VERY SOON!'

More to come. Got locked up and lost them last time. Playing it safe here, LOL, KEITH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Many more sometimes rare pics from Scott....got behind, LOL.

Two of Ford's top actors meet up for a rumble in the absurd (but very entertaining) "B" film PARK AVENUE LOGGER (1937)! Hang tough, WARD! Original lobby card.

Original lobby card from FORD's Western masterpiece MY DARLING CLEMENTINE (1946), with Victor Mature, Henry Fonda and WARD BOND!

About three more pages below of pics I hadn't posted. Scott hopes you like them. KEITH

• LOL, MB, I haven't a clue.......well, have learned some. I am just parroting what Scott gives me for everyone. He has totally put Three Bad Men aside now except for inscribing and autographing the copies he gets. I am dealing with McFarland, his publisher, (found out they are an hour up the mountain from me, LOL!) Also trying to work on a schedule that he will be able to handle for book signings......oh, doing the website for ALL his work also. He has already had Theron, The Black Diamond at his home for constant interviews for two days....started the VERY day he got out of the hospital with the pneumonia bout! He has finished writing up all they taped those two days. Today, he starts interviewing over 100 of Theron's friends, relatives, and musician buddies. Scott is a workaholic.....Lordy, didn't even take ONE day off!

Not sure which pictures I have sent....had a devil of a time with my computer....lost some files, (still crying over that!), but am up and going again. So, hope most of you haven't seen these.

Not sure, but since Ward was epileptic and the service turned him down, he became an Air Raid Warden. I THINK this may be him in his uniform! Anyone know........doesn't look like anything else I have seen him in.

Duke in Corsair from Islands in the Sky.....I just feel the fear those men must have had when the planes flew over and didn't see them!

Ward at 20, sure aged rapidly after that.

Sorry if I repeated photos. Should have that all straightend out now. The books for the reviewers have been mailed, (pretty sure, will find out with a phone call in a bit). At first......all the reviewers were getting PDFs because of the massive increase in postage. However, since I found the publisher was right down the road, and the GM and I have some friends in common, all reviewers in the states are getting books, (Scott couldn't even accomplish that, (pat on the back here, LOL). But, sadly to say, the overseas folks are getting PDFs, (believe it or not, that is what Scott used for the first time ever to review the book and correct errors and make final changes.....no more manuscripts with hand written red ink changes!

So, since it costs McFarland almost $25.00 to ship the book overseas, they would not do it. I am most upset, but at least glad the US folks are getting real books. Scott and I apologize to our oversea reviewers but hope it won't "cloud" your review. They are most important to Scott as I chose the people I thought would do the best jobs and would be the most influential.

Please email me at [email protected] when you get either your book or your PDF so I can mark you off my list.......don't want anyone to get missed.

On the good side for Scott, my friend, John McElwee, who no longer does anything but write his blog for Greenbrier Picture Shows here in NC is looking forward to doing the review as he is a big fan of Scott's books.....they both write from a more scholarly approach, and people from all over the world link to John's blog. Almost every blogger I talked to links to him regularly.

Also, if you have decided NOT to write a review because of the PDF file, please let me know so I can get someone to fill your spot. I have heard from three already who plan to go ahead with it. In fact, the last one or two books they had received came in that form because of the postage increase.

Next post will tell you the least expensive way you can purchase the book. Amazon, after dropping it to $33 from $49, has raised it back up but are sold out...or were a couple of days ago. I am about to do that research so I can give you the best way to buy the book. Also, the best way if you want it inscribed.

Good old USPS. BUT, Fedex wants $110 to ship the book, LOL! And UPS was even higher. Think I will open a shipping company for books overseas. If you send a larger package, the shipping per piece greatly drops!

Well, this should catch up all that I have missed posting these last few days. KEITH

• Love this picture of a very young Hank and a hurting Ward......Boy could I "mother" him! This was one of Pappy Ford's favorite movies. Most have never seen it.......I haven't, but I am getting it soon. Oh, I know Ward wasn't big in it, but it was a huge fan of Pappy's and look at how young Hank looked.......Film is The Fugitive. Keith.......Mainly trying to learn the new Photo workings, LOL!

• I think my favourite Ward performance is as Bert the policeman in It's A Wonderful Life, it's a great role in a perfect film.

Well, Irish, so far my favorites are Operation Pacific and A Guy Named Joe. They change every now in then, as when I found A Guy Named Joe. The Searchers is pretty high on my list as he actually should have had a starring Billing as far as I am concerned. OH, how could I forget Drums on the Mohawk........probably the longest kiss in the history of the movies when he tried to make the Widow feel good! I WILL get this insert business working, LOL. KEITH