Men Vs Women Jw Fans

There are 27 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 10,011 times. The latest Post () was by jwduke.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Spoeaking for myself, I know I appreciate the gals being here regardless of whether there's more of them than us guys or not! :wink_smile:

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• There certainly were moments of crunch but not always, take a look at Red River, Rio Bravo and Angel and the Badman etc, he displays some rather endearing syle with the ladies.
    :agent:

I think that one of the most erotic scenes ever was the kiss in the cemetery in "The Quiet Man" - and nobody took off their clothes.
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Any movie he starred opposite Maureen O'Hara the chemistry was always crunchy.

If you think about it no leading man that came up in those days was exactly the smooth lover type. Bogart, Cagney, Cooper, none of those guys ever played soft characters. The soft parts all went to guys like Cary Grant and Jimmy Stewart, actors I like very much but they don't conjure up the same kind of image in my mind. Who would you want to have your back in a bar fight? Just my opinion.

"John Wayne is not just an actor and a very fine actor,John Wayne is the United States of America."

• I think generally you'll always have more male JW fans than female. We like westerns, women usually don't. We don't like the mushy ones and Duke didn't make those kind of movies. And Duke didn't exactly come across as a hottie or sex symbol like Dean Martin, James Dean or a guy that women go goo-goo over. Duke just acted like you could sit right down and have a cold beer with and think nothing of it.

• DS, I hadn't given it much thought until I read your comments about the "sex symbols" like Dean Martin, etc. I think Kirk Douglas, though real tough, falls more into that category, and when I think about it, John Wayne is FAR more appealing to me as a woman than the others because he's . . . I'm not sure what it is. Tom Selleck and Harrison Ford fall into a similar category, even if I can't put a word to it. JW, TS, HF - all handsome and sexy if you will, definitely someone I feel could protect, but not so "smooth" and a little rough around the edges. While I enjoy Dean Martin and Kirk Douglas, John Wayne "does it" for me so much more.

And Jay, I TOTALLY agree with you about the kiss in the cemetery in TQM - makes me weak in the knees every time I see it

Mrs. C :angel1:

• Hey no offense... I just think guys like the action and butt-kicking that good westerns have and most women look for a guys looks. True Duke fans look for other things so it all depends on the person but I still think some of his movies, military and calvary and some westerns, appeal more to men.

• I Hate to Disagree Again but the Woman In My Life, My Wife Martha Thought That He Was The Greatest, and when we dropped Duke and Pat off in at the Orange County Airport after one of the Trips in my Aircraft, and He gave Her a Big Hug and a Kiss on the Cheek, I thought She was Going To Faint !!!
    :dead:

When we took all those People to the Hearst Wyntoon Ranch Back in the Good Old Days, all those Very Rich Old Ladys Could Not Spend Enough Time Around "The Duke" And He Made A Point To Hug Each One Of Them, And They All Loved It.
    :wub:

Duke was Very Gentle and Loving around The Ladys, and Very Tough around Men, But The Men all Loved Him Anyhow !
    :hyper:

Chilibill
    :cowboy: