The Shootist (1976)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Your view is limited. Please register to the JWMB to access all features.

There are 170 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by lasbugas.

• Re: The Shootist (1976)

sanda,

I will have to pull out my copy of The Shootist and watch it to see if we can answer your question, but in the meantime, I would like to welcome you to the John Wayne Message Board!

As far as I know, you are our first and only member from Japan. You've expanded our scope to another continent!

We hope you will take a moment and introduce yourself to us in the Newbie Forum.

Again, WELCOME!

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

chester7777 wrote:

sanda,

I will have to pull out my copy of The Shootist and watch it to see if we can answer your question, but in the meantime, I would like to welcome you to the John Wayne Message Board!

As far as I know, you are our first and only member from Japan. You've expanded our scope to another continent!

We hope you will take a moment and introduce yourself to us in the Newbie Forum.

Again, WELCOME!

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

I echo the above, but to add,
      I see the Whiskey bottle, with sort of a yellowish label,
      but can't read it.

Perhaps our whiskey drinking friends in the States,
      will sober up enough, to tell us!!!
      Best Wishes
      Keith
      London- England

chester777
      Thank you for your invitation to newbie forum.
      and I hope american whisky friend will teach me that whisky brand name.

I effort to introduce myself in the newbie forum, but my ability of english speaking
      or writing is so poor. please forgive me my odd expression,miss spelling.
      sanda

Just watched this the other night. I was amazed at the amount of exceptional actors involved. A high quality production all the way around. And Duke's acting was terrific. This was one of the few times that Ron Howard appeared before the cameras (after "The Andy Griffith Show") before going on to directing, and his acting abilities were paramount too. Loved Harry Morgan as he portrayed his character's exuberance on hearing of Books' cancer.
      Cheers - Jay:beer:

Sanada,
      Most of the Bottles in the Films are made of what was Called "Candy Glass" and would Break But Would Not Cut You. It was Made of the same thing as the Windows Glass that You See Them Breaking in the Films !
      The Labels on the Bottles were "Called No Name Labels" and made up for the Films so that They would not Get in Trouble With the Companys that Make The Real Stuff !!!

Chilibill
      :cowboy:

Thank you Brooks
      No name Labels,regrettably i understand.

and one more question.
      His last day,J.B.Books said a greeting to little lady in the streetcar.
      by japanese subtitle,it was "I hope you will meet a good young man "
      but a restriction of transrate that three word by a second we can read,
      subtitles are not seldom uncorrect.

I heard that line is "I sure hope you have right to welcome a star"
      want what Books said ?
      Best regards,

sanada

Thanks again Brooks
      Because of my poor ability for english hearing,It made a mistake dangerously.
      " I sure hope the right fellow comes along " is a good dialogue and just like Duke
      to say so!

About this dialogue,there's an interesting story.
      Several years ago, Mr.Ohbayashi(japanese movie director)visited Duke's daughter
      and he heard from her that this dialogue was often said by Duke in real life.

Is it true?
      and I want to know the name of Duke's daughter who told so .
      Anybody know?
      Best regards,

H.sanada