Brannigan (1975)

There are 128 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 220,583 times. The latest Post () was by dukefan1.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• The reason I asked is becaue it would be nice to have a hard copy, in case something happens to the computer. Having purchased it, can you download it again if you needed to? I am NOT looking to find ways to get more out of the transaction than just one person having the movie. It's like e-books that the Mrs. has downloaded on occasion. If something happens to the computer - poof! - they're gone! Of course, if the house burns down, every book and DVD on the shelf is gone, too, so . . .

it was ok. I thought he was too old to play that type of a cop.

In reality, yes, Duke was too old for the role, but part of the fun of movies like this is, you get to suspend your disbelief and take a break from reality for a little while. I like these movies! I enjoy them a little more each time I see them. To me they’re an extension of his westerns…it’s fun to think that McQ and Brannigan are relatives of John T. Chance or Rooster Cogburn, etc.

• It would be helpful if you would be more descriptive of your reasons for not really liking the movie.

HI!
    The beauty of watching the Duke is that He was such a great actor that you could Believe that was really him! In most of his movies, i felt that could really be him! ( the person he was portraying)! I didn't get that feeling watching his cop movies. Not bad movies, just not high on my list.

• HI!
    The beauty of watching the Duke is that He was such a great actor that you could Believe that was really him! In most of his movies, i felt that could really be him! ( the person he was portraying)! I didn't get that feeling watching his cop movies. Not bad movies, just not high on my list.

The only movies I feel that John simply wasn't believable in are Dark Command and The Conqueror.

As for Brannigan, I totally believed that John Wayne could be that cop, and besides that, his chemistry with Richard Attenbrough is the highlight of the movie. Despite all that he had gone through John Wayne was never less than completely believable as a threat to criminals.

It would have been better is he had done this movie in the late 50's early sixties, but westerns were still his bread and butter.

• I love this movie. I think it's a lot of fun. It perfectly mixes action with humor and a good dose of suspence, it even has a satisfying twist that worked well for the story! I feel the script was good and the supporting cast was excellent, perfectly cast. John Wayne had a lot of good lines in this one, my favorite being "Knock, knock". Classic Wayne.

It's a shame he didn't do more of these movies earlier in his career. He fit in perfectly, didn't have a hard time believing his character for a second. Brannigan is someone you didn't want to mess with and who always got his guy!

Too bad Wayne felt he wouldn't have done it had he known McQ underperformed at the box office. I at least hope he was somewhat happy with the quality of the movie despite it being a box office failure, and that he had a good time making it - because it sure looked like he did!

I, for one, wouldn't mind if there had been a couple of Brannigan sequels!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]