Brannigan (1975)

There are 128 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 220,555 times. The latest Post () was by dukefan1.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• That information was so interesting Keith. My step father worked with John Wayne on the film Brannigan and has photos taken with him. His name was Jack Newman and he was part of the large team of dedicated electricians, carpenters, painters etc. behind the scenes but so important. At the end of the filming, John Wayne gave everyone who worked on the film, a belt with a big brass buckle with a picture of Tower bridge on it, open, and it says "an all talking movie BRANNIGAN filmed entirely on location in London town. JOHN WAYNE." On the back it says "custom made buckle for Wayne, Levy & Gardner. the number 182 and John Wayne's signature stamped into the brass. Jack Newman has now passed away, but I have inherited the buckle but alas not the belt and my husband can't work out how to fix it to a belt. I thought that people would like to know that these buckles exist.

• That information was so interesting Keith. My step father worked with John Wayne on the film Brannigan and has photos taken with him. His name was Jack Newman and he was part of the large team of dedicated electricians, carpenters, painters etc. behind the scenes but so important. At the end of the filming, John Wayne gave everyone who worked on the film, a belt with a big brass buckle with a picture of Tower bridge on it, open, and it says "an all talking movie BRANNIGAN filmed entirely on location in London town. JOHN WAYNE." On the back it says "custom made buckle for Wayne, Levy & Gardner. the number 182 and John Wayne's signature stamped into the brass. Jack Newman has now passed away, but I have inherited the buckle but alas not the belt and my husband can't work out how to fix it to a belt. I thought that people would like to know that these buckles exist.

Thank you.
    Hopefully you can post some pictures of the buckle.

Also I have extended you a
    WELCOME
    here

I am sure my friends here will correct me should I be wrong.
    With my Red River 'D' Buckle, there is a loop that you pass your belt through
    and there is a hook on the buckle
    that you then clip into one of your belt holes

I have also copied your post to our dedicated thread
    Duke's Belt Buckles

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited 2 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• Here's the cover art for Brannigan. Sorry, don't have a bigger version of it. :( As Hondo Apache mentioned, the release date is July 8. However, it will be available for pre-order starting June 18, from http://screenarchives.com. Twilight Time will press only 3,000 copies, so you want to pre-order as soon as it's available to do so.

• Twilight Time just posted the insert booklet art for Brannigan. How cool is this? I love it. :) The pre-order date at http://screenarchives.com is June 18. Also, here's the press release they posted.

Press Release 07/01/2014

The “Duke” was never “bigger”, and never “better” than as the big Chicago cop who turns London town on its ear in the brand new Twilight Time Blu-Ray release!

“BRANNIGAN”
    Limited Edition BLU-RAY Release
    Only 3,000 units available at
    www.screenarchives.com
    Once they are gone – they are gone!
    RELEASE DATE: TUESDAY, JULY 8TH, 2014

“A well-crafted action movie—and besides, it’s got John Wayne in it. Wayne moves through the story with authority and conviction.” —Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times

“John Wayne…is still the indestructible cow-poke despite a Chicago detective’s badge and the contemporary London locale.” —The New York Times

John Wayne is the eponymous Chicago cop in Brannigan (1975), sent on a fish-out-of-water journey to England to pick up a bail-jumping thug (John Vernon) for extradition. But to the chagrin of Scotland Yard, handsomely represented by Richard Attenborough, the mobster is abruptly kidnapped from under their noses, and Brannigan has to join forces with a whole different breed of cops—including Judy Geeson as a fetching if no-nonsense Detective-Sergeant—to track him down…all over a gorgeous 1970s-era London. Featuring a jazz-inflected score by Dominic Frontiere, available on this Twilight Time release as an isolated track.

LIKE TWILIGHT TIME ON FACEBOOK
    www.facebook.com/twilighttimemovies

• You know I have never seen Brannigan. I will have to add this to my Blu ray collection. Ouch! Just looked while i was typing this and saw it;s OOP, so the prices are a bit steep. Well, it's Wayne so if it's on Blu ray, I'll have to figure out a way to get it in my lot. That's actually what I'm doing right now with all my Wayne movies on VHS and DVD....converting them to blu-ray. It's a fairly sizable undertaking...but FUN!!!

• Brannigan is also one of the few I don't have. Haven't seen it in years. I will have to add it to my Xmas list. ;)

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "