Stagecoach (1939)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

There are 175 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by lasbugas.

• Re: Stagecoach

Here are the last Two Video Clips of
      "Stagecoach"
      :wink_smile:
      I always like a Ending like this Film when Duke gets the Bad Guy in The End, and then Rides off with The Girl !!!
      :teeth_smile:
      Chilibill

[extendedmedia]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MAjwxghEWg[/extendedmedia]

[extendedmedia]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YslgKkN6Kt8[/extendedmedia]

The post was edited 1 time, last by William T Brooks ().

• Re: Stagecoach

Frank wrote:

Hi, I'm from Italy, few days ago I've seen "Stagecoach" in english and with a different soundtrack from that I use to listen.
      Somebody knows if there are two different music soundtracks of this movie?

Don't know why but also the German TV Version has a different opening theme to the original. Found a Youtube link: youtube.com/watch?v=27EaKVpytRA
      That's why I only like to watch the Original! :wink:
      "You're too good to give a chance to." John Wayne as Cole Thornton in El Dorado (1966)
    • Re: Stagecoach (1939)

I watched Stagecoach again. I really wonder how much the relationship between the marshall Curly and Ringo is a reflection of John Wayne's and John Ford's relationship. Curly always seems pretty rough on Ringo even to the way at the end Curly makes Ringo go right to the wire about keeping his word before he sends him on his way.

tinker wrote:

I watched Stagecoach again. I really wonder how much the relationship between the marshall Curly and Ringo is a reflection of John Wayne's and John Ford's relationship. Curly always seems pretty rough on Ringo even to the way at the end Curly makes Ringo go right to the wire about keeping his word before he sends him on his way.

This is an interesting insight Tinker. It makes sense, doesn't it?!

Kcat

Hello all, I was not sure if anyone mentioned this but Criterion just released there version of Stagecoach this week. It has a much improved picture and many extras not seen before, a 1 hour interview with Ford himself, plus many other things. And for you Blu-Ray HD people they also released the Blu-Ray HD version as well. I have the Criterion collection of The Seven Samurai directed by Akira Kurosawa and the do a excellent job with these older films and have many extras that are very interesting. I will be adding this to my collection as soon as I can.

Here is a link to the Blu-Ray on Amazon: amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00393SFWU/thedigitalbit-20 and here is the Deep Discount DVD link: deepdiscount.com/index.cfm/fus…3-4624-BC2C-7B332F52AD6E/

If you just want the regular non Blu-Ray Criterion DVD do a search on either website.
      Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
      -John Wayne