How's The Weather

There are 4,432 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 908,991 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• We've had a variety of weather this week. Started out with humid with rain last weekend, and went into a cold period for May. We started on Monday to a high of 70 and very little humidity. We went into lows around 50 and had a lot of wind. Then we got a tropical type of storm for this past weekend. Rain all day on Saturday, and then on Sunday we got a little of rain then the sun came and it became very humid. We are in for a week of rain, rain, rain. All we need is snow and tornado (God forbid!).

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Sitting here watching Allegheny Uprising. Back door is open so I can listen to the storm outside. Temp about 78F.

Hey DukePilgrim -
    I was born and grew up in Belfast. Saw True Grit when it was first released at the Capitol Theatre on the Antrim road. Are you old enough to remember when we used to get the Alamo on TV every Christmas? :laugh: I live in Florida now, but my entire family is still over there. Just booked flights to go home for a week in August. Nice to meet a Duke fan from my hometown.

• Hot, windy and getting more and more humid here by the day :( I'm counting down the days till our first real cold front blows through ;-)) Oh and, the days are getting longer and longer-that is ill June 22nd-then they start getting shorter and shorter :D

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• One of the only things I think Summer is useful for-is the fact that around here-rather when I was living in Corpus Christi-is that we got to see more than our fair share of Beach Bunnies wearing Bikinis almost everywhere :D

• We are continuing with very pleasant weather. Overcast mornings, but sunny afternoons, still mid-seventies to mid-eighties.

And while we're talking about weather, I thought you might enjoy this weather-related joke -

It was autumn, and the Indians on the remote reservation asked their new Chief if the winter was going to be cold or mild. Since he was an Indian Chief in a modern society, he had never been taught the old secrets and, when he looked at the sky, he couldn't tell what the weather was going to be.

Nevertheless, to be on the safe side, he replied to his tribe that the winter was indeed going to be cold and that the members of the village should collect wood to be prepared. But also, being a practical leader, he decided to seek advice from experts.

He went to the phone booth, called the National Weather Service and asked, "Is the coming winter going to be cold?"

"It looks like this winter is going to be quite cold indeed," the meteorologist at the weather service responded.

So the Chief went back to his people and told them to collect even more wood in order to be prepared.

A week later he called the National Weather Service again. "Is it still going to be a cold winter?" he asked.

"Yes," the man at the National Weather Service again replied, "it's going to be a very cold winter.

The Chief again went back to his people and ordered them to collect every scrap of wood they could find.

Two weeks later he called the National Weather Service again. "Are you absolutely sure that this winter is going to be very cold?" he asked for a third time.

"Absolutely," the weatherman replied. "In fact, it's going to be one of the coldest winters ever!"

"How can you be so sure?" the Chief asked.

The weatherman replied, "The Indians are gathering wood like crazy."

• Hot n humid here today with temps at aboput 96 "F" already >:-(( Well, im counting down the days till June 22nd passes-because after that-the days start getting shorter and I can start counting down the days till the first Cold Front comes.

• In the San Francisco Bay area, there is a radio station, KGO 810 AM, which is a news/talk radio station. They have had the same weather man in the morning for many years, Leo Ciolino. Back in '94, the Mrs. called the radio station to volunteer to be one of Leo's many weather watchers, and has been doing it ever since. He calls her every morning during the week, and gets the overnight low temperature, the rainfall, the current morning conditions, and the high temp from the day before. Around here, everyone knows that Leo is VERY reliable with his forecasts - he often hears other weather forecasters changing their forecasts after he gives his :glare: .

So if anyone wants to know what the currrent weather is at our house, just go to KGO-AM 810 - Listen Live and click on your preferred listening device, and around 8:38 AM Pacific Standard Time (that's GMT -8), you should hear Leo giving that information on the air - just listen for the stats from Ben Lomond.

That's our little claim to fame around here.

Well, our little claim to fame has come to an end . . . KGO has let Leo go . . . with nary a word of warning . . . :sad_smile:.

As far as the weather goes - we had some rain today. Not much, but our Little League closing day has not had rain as long as anyone can remember! We had a Majors playoff game, which had appreciable rain at the beginning of two innings.

But by noon, the rain had stopped, the sun came out and it was a beautiful day, probably around 80º!

Mrs. C :angel1:

• In May out of 31 days we had rain over 20 and so far of 14 June days we have had 9 days of rain. The next darn fool who says anything about drought or needing raining, I may forget my Christian manners.:box:

On Tuesday we had hail twice, and the hail was the size of gum balls. Made a loud noise hitting metal. Lightning and hail together was and interesting storm.
    So much rain came down it flooded our town's main road. New construction of houses in town has taken many natural water breaks away and now we get flooding.
    Finally sun today.:wink: