How's The Weather

There are 4,432 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 911,024 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I wish this durned Texas weather would make up its' mind what it wants to do. Yesterday the temperature was more than 80F - today it's between 35 and 40 degrees. No wonder people get sick with colds.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Today was a gorgeous big sky day. The sun was out, got up to 46 degrees, which to some of you sounds cold but it was just perfect to me. Wish it never got over 70 or below 40 year round. The weather is kinda bouncy right now though, probably get cold again in a day or two. We get our worst snow this time of year it seems. Got 48 inches of snow spring before last in the end of March and 2 and a half foot a about this time last year.

• Wish it never got over 70 or below 40 year round.

That gets old too, Steve. I served in a few places during my time in the military where the weather stayed about that temperature year round and after awhile, you find yourself wishing for colder or hotter weather. At least I did.

I think of all the places I've ever been, I liked the climate in San Diego (CA) the best. In the morning, it's fairly cool and kinda damp, like an early spring day. Then about 9:30 or 10 the sun starts to warm it up and dry it out. By noon, it's around 80 degrees. Hardly ever gets much warmer than that.

I've always been partial to cooler weather, which I know sounds strange coming from someone who lives in Texas, where I've seen periods in late summer where the temperature often stays over 110F for days on end. There's been many a time in August that I've told the wife we're moving to Alaska when we win the lottery. :teeth_smile:

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Snow.....:vomit:

I hear the whole East Coast is getting hammered with snow today, from as far south as Georgia up into Maine (I'm thinking my parents are REAL glad they moved from NY to Florida!).

We are getting rain. Yesterday was the third Sunday in a row with rain (my son's Little League practices on Sundays have been challenging, to say the least).

We've had a little over a half inch of rain since last week, but it's comin' down pretty good right now, so that number will go up considerably before tomorrow morning.

Mrs. C :angel1:

• Yes we got snow Sunday, but Georgia got more. It was really neat. The first snow in 3 years and that was only the flurries. But now we are approaching the 80's by this weekend.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Hi

We're having a strange week Monday was like a summers day. Tuesday heavy rain and winds, Wednesday was warm and sunny, Thursday most of the south got snow we got light rain until midday then it was sunny and today has started sunny with blue skies.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Looks like winters back again for a day or two. 20 degrees F. With light flurries and no accumulation yet.

• nice and sunny today, we had 2 good frosts on wednesday and thursday morning but none today

" I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man " True Grit

• We've been in the 80's this week and sunny with mixed clouds. Changes on the way though.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Decided to be Spring again, up to 30 and sunny. Be muddy and sloppy in no time

• Let's see we are getting lots and lots of rain right now. The good thing is we are not getting any of the bad stuff. The temps are in the 60's. This is going to happen all weekend (the rain).

Cheers :cool:

- John Wayne quote