How's The Weather

There are 4,432 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 908,827 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Well, the humid weather is here to stay for at least 4 months. I was out in it yesterday trimming bushes, and had to cool off several times and change shirts.

Like to find a time machine to go ahead those months and get some better weather.

Looks like a little chance for relief with a tropical storm hitting the Georgia, Carolina coast that could spur some showers our way. Just depends on the direction of the storm once it hits land. We might get lucky or miss out all together. Need the rain, even if it's just a little. Hot today in the middle 90's with high humidity.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Im with ya on skipping the summer temps if it were possible?

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Well, the humid weather is here to stay for at least 4 months.

We got a taste of that humid weather in Winterset this past weekend - actually more of a "feast" than just a taste! While the temperature was a little over 80, the humidity was so high, it felt like a sauna!

We arrived back at San Francisco Airport this morning, to 53º and foggy. By the time we arrived at our house, it was maybe 70º F and almost no humidity to speak of. What a difference! A positive difference! :wink_smile:

• We arrived back at San Francisco Airport this morning, to 53º and foggy. By the time we arrived at our house, it was maybe 70º F and almost no humidity to speak of. What a difference! A positive difference! :wink_smile:

Hey, you don't have to rub it in! :laugh: :wink_smile:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• We got a taste of that humid weather in Winterset this past weekend - actually more of a "feast" than just a taste! While the temperature was a little over 80, the humidity was so high, it felt like a sauna!

We arrived back at San Francisco Airport this morning, to 53º and foggy. By the time we arrived at our house, it was maybe 70º F and almost no humidity to speak of. What a difference! A positive difference! :wink_smile:

Visit South Texas this time of the year--and you will rain sweat before you even leave the hotel room.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Well hope your BBQ went ahead,
    as the rain passed and we had a lovely sunny afternoon.
    Cloudy today though!

Thanks Keith, yes BBQ went ahead as planned and today was even hotter than the weekend.
    I thought this hot spell was meant to be over today?

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

Edited once, last by Dooley ().

• Hot! 90 degrees right now. It has been so hot and dry that farmers started cutting wheat today. They say none of them can ever remember starting this early, usually around end of June. Hope this isn't a sign of how our summer will be.....

"Give me a man like Duke Wayne"...Marueen O'Hara

• Missed the tropical weather. It came knocking my side door, but just didn't get here. The rain was as close as 40 miles from my house, and that's it. It's swinging toward the Northeast heading back to sea. Atlanta is getting some of the wet stuff. We got some of the breeze which was pretty nice, but it was still hot.

We reached about 94. Suppose to get around 95 tomorrow with very, and I mean very little chance of rain. But relief is on it's way.

A cold front is coming to drop temps to the mid 80's by this weekend with low humidity and cool mornings around 60. Friday is suppose to be the rain day. Looking forward to that. I am holding back the sprinklers a couple more days in hopes of the wet stuff.

- John Wayne quote

• The south east of the UK is still hanging on to the gorgeous weather.
    Hopefully payback for the 5 weeks on non-stop rain we had a while ago!

• Still sunny here but thankfully a little cooler.
    Rain is predicted for the Jubilee weekend which will be a real shame if it does.
    My village are closing the high street and there's a big street party planned.
    Won't be the same if it's raining!