How's The Weather

There are 4,432 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 908,629 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Raining! What a beautiful sight. We needed this and we are getting it for at least 5 days, off and on. Temps will stay mostly in the 70's and maybe 80's. So glad to be getting the wet stuff. Thank you, Lord!

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• cold nights pleasent days, a storm/cold front comming in again just wish winter was over want a nice hot sunny summer

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Rain, rain, rain!
    Hasn't stopped since yesterday, all through the night, roads are flooded and still going strong...
    Think I may start building a boat!

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Hi

Rain, Rain Rain and I'm not singing in it, They are talking about lifting the house pipe ban.

Its an interesting fact that we have two dry winters and they impose a ban on using hosepipes all over the country, it is a fact that it hasn't rained in the Antartic for 75 million years and they haven't had one ban on hosepipes.

Strange

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Arthur that made me roar!
    One of the rivers near me has burst its banks and the water is as high as the arch of the bridge which crosses it - how much water do we actually need!
    They have forecast a months worth of rain in the next 48 hours here, bet they still don't lift the ban when it's all calmed down.:wink_smile:

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Western New York State is setting high records in the low 90s today. Just got cleaned up after sealing the driveway and I'm drier than a popcorn fart, so I'm going to break my self imposed rule and drink a beer, or two or ten.

We deal in lead, friend.

• We wre trying not to drown in south Alabama. Mobile had 16 inches of rain since Friday and everywhere eals across the gulf coast is getting it now. Had four inches at my house since noon Saturday and it's raining buckets right now.

• The rain is great and I really love it when it rains here, but we've had enough for now. Over 2 and a half inches over the weekend and seems to be getting more. Though I will take it, I'd like to spread it out a little. Very humid and not so hot.

For our area, the saying goes like this: We are within 10 days of being in a major drought. We may have a lot of rain today, but if we don't get any in 10 days we are considered too dry and danger of a major drought.

Kinda strange when you have flooding one day and the next week we may be needing rain again.

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Hondo

I'm down in Enterprise myself and you're right. We're working on 5 inches in the last 48 hours and we still won't be able to water grass next week.

• Hondo

I'm down in Enterprise myself and you're right. We're working on 5 inches in the last 48 hours and we still won't be able to water grass next week.

Howdy neighbor. Greetings to you from Prattville, AL. Hope you are not drowning down there. We are dry right now, but I think you're about to dry up for now yourself.

- John Wayne quote