Chisum (1970)

There are 154 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 203,578 times. The latest Post () was by lasbugas.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I was 10 when i first saw chisum.it was the first jw film i saw.i just loved the film.i watch it back to back.i taught ben johnson stole the film.he was excellent as the muttering pepper.did u know that the chisum ranch house is the same as the ranch in big jake look at the scenery around the ranch.

• Ben's Pepper reminded me quite a bit of Ken Curtis' Festus. A fun film could have been made teaming those characters in a western!

• Did someone say Pepper and Festus? ;)

Here they are! Actually it's Ben as a bad guy being apprehended by Festus in the Gunsmoke episode "Quaker Girl." Sorry for the bad quality of the picture, that's what happens when one makes screencaps from TVLand broadcasts.

• Those Chisum collector cards are really neat, Paula. Where did you get them and what year were they produced? I've never seen them before.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Thanks for posting those cards- I see that it was actor Lloyd Batista who played Neemo (the Bandit who rustled Chisum's cattle leading to the river gunfight). He was earlier confused with Pedro Armandariz Jr. (who played one of Billy's friends).

• John Wayne and Forrest Tucker eye to eye in Chisum. I wish you call all see the original of this. It's a big oversize placard on stiff cardboard paper. I had to use the oversize scanner at work to make the scan.