Chisum (1970)

There are 154 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 203,420 times. The latest Post () was by lasbugas.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Waaaa-aaayyyyllllll <---Jimmy Stewart drawl...

Here's two more oversized placards from Chisum. I'm planning to post them at my Ben Johnson webpage tomorrow (Monday).

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but that's Dollor John Wayne is riding in Chisum, isn't it? Ben rode his favorite movie horse from the mid/late '60s-early '70s, Blackie, though you can't really see the horse in this first photo.

• My family was flying back from vacation in Mazatlan Mexico and I sat next to Forrest Tucker going home from a shoot on their Mexico set. Nice guy.

• The French branch of Warner Brothers will release Andrew V. McLaglen's Chisum (1970) on Blu-ray on January 8. I have absolutely no idea if this means a U.S. blu-ray release is planned.

Chisum

This late John Wayne Western casts 'The Duke' as real-life ranch owner John Chisum, battling to save his land from a ruthless developer (Forrest Tucker). Based on the events of New Mexico's 1878 Lincoln County War, which saw Chisum enlisting the help of Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid to protect what was rightfully his.

• I'm doing "reruns" of photos at the Ben page this week (http://benjohnsonfanpage.shutterfly.com).

Today I've replaced a modern reproduction of this photo with a vintage still. ;)

Paula and las bugas, THANK you for all the photos! They add depth and breadth to these topics!

Great photos.
    How alike Geoffrey Duell was to his late brother Pete!!
    Hard to tell them apart

Keith,
    I knew there was a reason he looked so familiar! I was more familiar with Peter Duell and for some reason never made the connection until I read your comment (it was a real :headbonk:/DUH! moment for me, only I was wielding the hammer on myself).

Mrs. C :angel1: