Blood Alley (1955)

There are 102 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 90,480 times. The latest Post () was by lasbugas.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• My understanding is Boggy was on set with Bacall for the shoot. Did he normally do this;for watching the screen you could see the spark between Bacall and Duke. Jealous, wary maybe?
    In The Shootist years later the spark is still there between them.

• Okay ya'll, tonight it is bag-O-popcorn number two and Blood Alley. Looking forward to seeing this one as well, as I have never watched it before. I shall give my report soon after. LOL! *so excited*

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."

• not a great film but enjoyable.duke and bacall worked well together.it should have been a much better film with a good cast and a good director in william wellman.

• I've been so busy I forgot to post my report. LOL! I thought this movie was a little slow and would liked to have seen a little more action. I too liked the chemistry with Becall and Duke, I think they played well off of each other. I have always enjoyed her films as well. I did, as usual, like the comic aspect of Duke's acting, which he gave little glimpses of throughout. Not a favorite, but I am glad to have it in my "little" collection.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."

• I thought the Duke did a good job with this role! Although I too think Bogart would probably have done better. I liked it!

• If anyone has a good clear close pic of Lauren and Duke in this, I would love to copy it. Want to do a sketch of them in this and on the same page together in The Shootist! Thanks, Keith

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE